Suggesting a CGW meet @ Carlyle Il mid-June 2017

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191970#p191970:1ls67yz4 said:
dan filipi » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:16 pm[/url]":1ls67yz4]
Yes have a great time...and post some pics/videos!
+1 :good:

KerryB & Joe_Drum spent the night in tents and were awakened at 0200 by a severe thunderstorm. The rain was going sideways, with gusts up to 50 mph. Everything survived, but a few things got wet. Hopefully, Kerry took pictures.

The forecast is for good weather thru the rest of the week, but Carlyle Lake makes it's own weather sometimes.

Come join the fun, starting tomorrow at 0900 tomorrow with the first ride. :moped:

Tom

Post pics of your travels? You should keep up a member list of who's there each day. Hopefully I can break away soon to pay you guys a visit!

Well I'm home from the meet and greet ..it was a great time but hooch had some big problems ...I'd say the hooch is going to be down for awhile....seems there might be a rod going out....

Meeting Kerry and Tom was fantastic ...so glad I went ....great people in toms tribe ....great food and place ....wish I could have stayed longer....but hooch was just sick to do the rides and I needed to get the bike home...

Well I'm halfway home to Buffalo, had a fine ride to Richmond Indianna, this KOA is really nice. Got a cabin by the pond and caught some small fish on my fly rod. I can't say enough nice stuff about Tom and his extended family, what great people. Seeing hooch in the (metal) makes it real. What a great hotrod! Joe is quite eloquent on many topics, not to be disuaded by his spelling :mrgreen:! Will post pics when I get home, don't know how on the road.
p.s. got to see Tom's trike project...it's going to be a fine machine when finished. Fine engineering and a very tidy package.

I regret never being able to make it. Work had me too busy. I looked forward to the opportunity to meet you guys...

You guys missed a great ride opportunity. I finally made it home Thurs. about noon. Rode the last 25 miles in the rain on the interstate around buffalo to my neighborhood, where it finally stopped. 16 days, 8 states, 2,551 miles, 7 campgrounds, 32 new friends, and only had to pick the bike back up twice ( damn gravel slopes!). I'll post more pics later, but here's a good one. Dedicated to Tom for making the meet and greet a wonderful time.

Attachments

• carlylesunset.jpg
    carlylesunset.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 135
I'm sorry that I was not able to make it because I was really looking forward to it. I had a mild heart attack on June 7th and thought better of going. I'm fine, and there is no damage to the heart, and a new stent fixed me up. It didn't seem right to get out that weekend, or the one following. I hurt my knee last week so the riding has been slim pickings this month. Wife fell out of the shower and broke a rib that weekend so this month cannot end fast enough.

Getting out today though.

Latest posts