The hooch bike SCC review and redo project

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics..
image.php
ff
Tools to use and others also

image.php

On the go getting bowl screw holes

image.php

That’s done ....look,tony in the barrel
image.php

The carb top has to be striped of parts ...moving on

image.php

image.php

Nice and clean huh :whistling:

Pics...
image.php

Made a place for float tower to fit in and also put top on and used the carb screws to press in ...as theses sleeves fit into carb bottom ....

image.php

Check those feet out LOL...carb top screwed to the bottom now with in progress gasket in place

image.php

Carb barrels cut out and also jet holes ...all done while carb top and bottom have the gasket lock in good ...

Even put in new plugs ....all things done seemed to help some ...but not really to the core problem ...going to check the plugs when bike cools a bit seee what the plugs look like ...I’m thinking ignition now maybe the c5 is bobbling ... can’t figure it out yet ...will check the timing out on c5 and reset it ...plugs should tell me something ...

Well the hooch bike is fixed ....turns out the c5 ignition was cutting out ...seems the modal had come loose a bit and vibrating enough to make the spark shut down ... when the bike tried to launch forward the spark was quitting and then it would back fire ..going to redo the mounting ....glad this is over ...I was able to pour it on and the bike ate it up ....

Well on this first day of the new year ...took hooch out for a ride ...simply amazing ride it had been awhile sense I had flawless running out of the bike ..I still got issues to resolve around the carb ...but it’s in there strong as it is ....all out gear changes the bike seems to like jump off the ground like both wheels ...like it’s hopping ...two of those shifts as fast as you can and into third and your at 90mph ...going to try and do a video ride ...the hooch 2 video so everyone can see how the bike runs ...then it’s time to retire this motor and try to fix it before I blow it up ...hopefully video soon

Pic ...
image.php

Backyard I pad mount for video ride LOL

This was the third time I try to do the video ...could not push the right buttons that were not there a to much sun on the scene to show them good lol...so clutch was hot and slipped ...bike usually bounces on gear changes ..but not after two runs already done and no video ...clutch was toast to the power going on ....but it seems to have gotten to a 100mph in a bit over 5 seconds ...when it hit 100 I backed off ....no telling what this bike will do with two more gears to go ...bike gets really quirky after 100mph under full throttle

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=207990#p207990:12k3qg42 said:
joedrum » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:25 pm[/url]":12k3qg42]
Pic ...
image.php

Backyard I pad mount for video ride LOL

This was the third time I try to do the video ...could not push the right buttons that were not there a to much sun on the scene to show them good lol...so clutch was hot and slipped ...bike usually bounces on gear changes ..but not after two runs already done and no video ...clutch was toast to the power going on ....but it seems to have gotten to a 100mph in a bit over 5 seconds ...when it hit 100 I backed off ....no telling what this bike will do with two more gears to go ...bike gets really quirky after 100mph under full throttle

Work begins now to replace this motor ...so glad to get the system all working ....it’s hard to argue about the power the motor has ...anymore power would seem to just overdo the driveline ..like hooch did in this video going into the third run ...the stator quit working again ...so the time is now ...was wanting to do this with jpwinger at his place ..but not sure how to get it there now ....we will see

Latest posts