Trikes must feel and drive different!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It handles bumps well; the rear end is IRS, with the differential mounted solid to the bike frame. This winter I hope to tear it down, shorten the axles and A-frames, and add about 6 degrees rake to the front end.

I also need to change the rear framework to mount a GL1200 trunk stay with a trunk and add a storage compartment behind the differential and under the trunk.

The winter is looking busy. I have a Gl1000 with the left head removed to replace a bent exhaust valve (wonder how that happened!!). New head gasket came yesterday and I might get that done this weekend.

After that, the 86I needs new pulse generators (on-hand) and more trouble-shooting because it has sat since 2008.

Working on them is almost as much fun as riding!

Yeah,If you don't like working on them a bit in the down time it takes half the fun out of it. Mines been changed up several different ways but I haven't done the trike thing to it (yet) . The Harley Triglide covers that for me. My 82 wing has been solid as a rock for years for me so most of my work on it has been cosmetic and maintenance more often than not. My wife has back issues and flat refuses to get on a 2 wheeler anymore. I can't blame her. She's got thousands of miles in on the old GL1100 and it's just become an old friend that we hate to see sitting around so I more or less use it for solo duty now. It still gets around pretty well and I'm sure not afraid to take it anywhere.

ONLY WAY i would consider a trike is two wheels in front. :swoon: That said, saw the neatest trike set up yet the other day, :hihihi: on the computer i think. Take your front end off, bolt this two wheeled set up on, the rest of your bike stays the same, understood that you change back, at any time. :read:

Is that the one that leans with the suspension so it looks like the bike needs a kickstand but doesn't ? I saw them somewhere online. Interesting concept as it keeps the wheels tilted in a curve etc. Heck of a mod but expensive I think. Seems that the one I saw was a huge thing with a generic nosecone on the front. So much for your fairing etc. I don't see much actual need for a front two wheels on a trike but it's all in what you like isn't it. I thought a trike was silly till I rode one for a few years . They all work ok ,it's just what you like I think!

Latest posts