TRIKES

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104290#p104290:pk013xfi said:
willemshiloh » December 1st, 2013, 2:42 pm[/url]":pk013xfi]
Fystys
What kit is on the bike. How does it compare to areal trike. Know what I mean.
Tx for the tip on Gearings project. I am cheking it out.

Is there no-one out there that build a bolt on unit ?
Nice week to you all. We r taking the grandson to a game farm tommorrow to se the big five live.

Hi, I built this about 5 years ago, it is removable, I didnt rake the front but this handled so good, it was a joy to ride on the twisty mountain roads during one of our weekend rides.. it was built from Free materials, I was given a 4' x8' trailer that had been run over in the front, the fenders are from an old chevy van spare tire cover that i picked out of the trash..lol... the bike I bought for $400 it had been siting a couple of years, but came with a new battery, Fresh oil change, all I had to do was clean the carbs I'm sorry to say I dont have it anymore,,it was by FAR the best bike ive ever had ( I've had 6 Harley's in the past ) .. good news is... I just bought an 84 1200 Interstate with only 40,000 for $250 Delivered !!! it has been sitting Inside for several years, the Keys are missing, but thanks to CGW I have a set coming from ( ron ) the key guy..lol
goldwing trike.JPG

Attachments

• TRIKE 3.jpg
    TRIKE 3.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 139
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104314#p104314:2fxbyrrg said:
dwgeo104 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:09 pm[/url]":2fxbyrrg]
California Sidecar makes something called "Easy Steer" which in fact puts a rake on the forks - about 6% I believe. It's like it's been chopped. It doesn't cut the frame but replaces the upper and lower fork bridges. I guess it works although I've never driven a Trike without it. It was part of the conversion, I imagine it's mighty expensive.

Last time I looked, it was $799 for the East Steer parts.

Honestly, I've had ...a California side car on a 1976 FX ( with steering stabilizer ) a hand Made side car on a custom Ridged frame Harley . a VW trike ( with long raked fork) a Velorex side car on a 1996 Heritage softail With no rake or stabilizer . . and My removable Hand made removable trike on a 198? gl1100 The VW was the worse !! then came the 176 FX (with stabilizer ) then the ridged /with side car ,, the best was the hand made trike on the gl1100 ??? there was Not much difference between any as far as steering , yu have to accept it's NOT the same as riding two wheels, It's FUN, but it's OWN kind of fun.. the VW trike with long fork was HORRIBLE in crosswind

Latest posts