Weird fairing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Liberator does make a statement...

P1060658.jpg

P1060672.jpg

P1060664.jpg

P1060673.jpg

When I first saw that three years ago the dealer wanted $3500 for it and it was posted as a Harley Clone. No matter what it is called, it sure was a lot of work to get it to look like that. I know that there is a road sofa, but I think that seat would qualify as one.

Side bags have the same general shape as the ones that came stock on my Valkyrie. Many aftermarket bags have same general shape. There are so many varieties of HD builds the question becomes. Which is cloning which? Saw a new Sportster yesterday that at first glance looked like a blacked out Vulcan 750.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=192489#p192489:3jb22awr said:
desertrefugee » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:17 pm[/url]":3jb22awr]
Those are Harley bags and trunk, no? (and front fender?)

That was my thought as well but like V mentioned, with today's aftermarket, who knows.

I especially liked the shorted faux tank to get the fairing to fit.

Vintage Yamaha fairing.
$_35.JPG

Somehow this photo looks like they're gonna give the poor Yamaha fairing a lethal injection, or is that just because I'm a Texan?

I personally don't think it deserves it as much as the Bates does?

Ugly but functional.

Maybe that's where Harley got the idea for the batwing from.

I can testify, from recent, vivid experience, that those batwings do better in crosswinds, than an early 80's Hondaline.

Latest posts