What are you LISTENING to right now?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must have missed this thread, interesting video with Frank Zappa on Crossfire I was fortunate enough to see him back in the 70s at Bridges Auditorium which is a fairly small venue.
My favorite is the classic rock like ZZ Top, Hendrix, The Who, Jethro Tull, but I really like about everything Love George Strait, Dwight Yokam, BB King some Jazz, Blues. I'm not a big fan of Rap but some is OK I'm trying.
Here's one of my favorites then and now still rocking.

I am going to throw my hat into the fray. I listen to mostly contemporary Christian rock and worship music. This video is an example of this music during an unplanned encore at my Daughter's music school concert last spring. This is at Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale's, Ocean's Edge School of Worship concert called "The Show". This also the type of music I play on piano. The encore is interesting because they had finished the show and the audience really wanted an encore. The leader (Jordan) stepped out and started playing by himself and soon all of the students joined in! At the peak....the whole place is on their feet in worship! I am sorry about the jetteriness, I recorded it on a Flip camera from up in the nose bleed section. (Of course I am a little biased since my Daughter is onstage singing!) Towards the end, I move the camera around to the right and that last face on the right is my 12 year old daughter singing along!

Oh Man, What a Question. I like alot of different things I love the 60's and 70's some call lollipop music like the cyrkle ( Red Rubber Ball ), The American Breed ( Bend me shape me ) , Classics IV ( Spooky ) , The Strawberry Alarmclocks ( Incense and Peppermint ), James Taylor (ALL) , Phil Collins ( All ), George Strait (All ), Herb Alpert ( All ), and on and on even like Old Frankie Sinatra and Dean Martin.. Hi Hi,..... I Play the Accordian love Myron Floren, Art Vandamne,Frankie Yankovic, so you see that is an open ended Question ...... LOL..... :)

Last week, I had Grace Potter in the CD, and Dwight Yoakam in the cassette at the shop, and I'd flip back/forth between the two. Then I'd throw in a Nazareth tape, and a John Prine cd. Throw in a little Emmylou, and some John Hyatt, and I'm good to go! :Egyptian:
And...if any of ya'll like Molley Snatchet(and who wouldn't?), ya gotta dig around and find ya a copy of the one(afaik) solo Danny Joe Brown album....it's killer. :music2:
Shawn Phillips is always a nice way to get out of the mainstream, too....waaay out. :mrgreen:

Omega Man":1knman5n said:

It's hard to stay out of the throttle when this one comes on.

~O~
Good one Randy! Of course it is also the theme song for "Deadliest Catch"! I didn't run any crab boats out west, but I sure did Captain offshore clam dredges on the east coast. Anyone remember that "Perfect Storm"? I was out there having fun off the coast of New York......

Here are some clam boats to give ya an idea:

Back on topic!
ship_clam_boats.jpg
Clam boat.jpg

Most anything except this rap hip hop stuff. That's not music to me. Sounds more like angry bad poetry to me. But hey, everyone's a critic. I just don't care for it. Now, It's older stuff from my youth. Journey, Genisis, Elton john, Chuck Mangione, Crosby, Stills, Nash &Young. 70's &80's

I,m listening to the wife rip checks out of the check book at this very moment :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: :hihihi: :hihihi: :hihihi:

Latest posts