What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did nuttin with the wing but took the old truck out for a spin !! Beautiful December day today!! :hi:

Rode the Wing to the courts building for jury duty.
Interesting how the process of jury selection works. I was not a chosen one.....this time :rocks:

Bike runs ok. it's sputtering some.
I think I have an ignition problem since it seems to spit back like a crossfire.
Could have something to do with the 1200 cams I have in it right now. Seemed to start doing that after putting these cams in.

Worked on the blue 85 yesterday and today. Removed everything down to the running gear and frame, cut out the burnt up wiring, mostly to do with the solenoid area and the stator wires. I think I will see if the motor will spin tomorrow. This just may be the one that gets made into a trike if the motor shows any promise. It's only showing 44,000 miles on it right now. From this
IMG01334-20120814-1728.jpg
To this
IMG01588-20121207-1514.jpg
Now I'm tired. :smilie_happy:

Was doing some 'lectrical troubleshootin on one of the Cads today, so while I was out, and the geerage door wuz open, I fired the Wing up. Pulled the choke, turned the key, hit the button, and old dog farred right up instantly. :yahoo: First time it's been started in aboot a month now. Got some smoke from the right side pipe, but not from the outlet...from the actual pipe itself, up closer to the head, where the two head pipes come together. I did spill some erl on it last time I put erl in, so I figure that's what it wuz.
Sure be glad when the weather gets warmer again, but I still need to get the rear tire off and sent back to the turds at Dennis Kirk.... :rant:

Had to change the air valve on the rear tire this morning. I stopped to check the air and when I put my pressure gauge on the rear the valve failed. I had the valve and tool at home and was looking at landmarks for the wife I spotted an O'rielly's across the street. :) $3 dollars later I was back on the road. Never thought I'd need valves/tool on the road...gunna keep them in the trunk from now on.

Fitted new plug wires (obviously high performance....they're yellow!) and wire ends, started assembling new harness for MSD coil with relay mod.

Damn. No 1/4" ring terminals for battery or ground.

Fitted new (again) fuel lines with Randakk filter. Wow.
1/4" injection hoses and clamps are a MUCH better fit than regular gas hose and worm clamps.