What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked the tire pressure before my ride to Springwood, so much easier when you can remove the Vetter side pannier with a twist of a key.
viewtopic.php?p=158127#p158127
After the mornings ride we met up with the daughter and her boyfriend for lunch and the an afternoon of barefoot lawn bowls :salute:
Great spot under the Brisbane flight path with views to the city.

Tried to fix a boo-boo on my right saddlebag lid. Pulled the Wing out last Turdsday, closed the geeraj door, gathered me lunchbag, and headed out to werk. When I got back outside, the Wing was flopped over on the green Cad(my work car). :sensored: Set it back upright, and found the saddlebag lid had caught on the bumper of the car, and popped the dang lock off the back of the lid. Busted the plastic smooth out. Had to use a bungie cord to secure the lid, and off I went. I made a sheetmetal brace to put on the inside of the lid, and the plan was to use pop-rivets to hold that, and the latch piece to the lid. I forgot, tho, that I'm all out of friggin rivets.... :crying: I went ahead and used my Quick-Bond adhesive, and glued the broken piece back to the lid, using plenty of plastic filler. After it set for a couple of hours, I tried installing the lid, but the dang bag itself is also out of whack across the back, so I gotta git out there and try to straighten that up today. The lid does lock down ok, but it's a tight fit, since the rear of the bag is pooched outward(to the rear). There is a metal strip that runs across the top of the bag that is bent, and holding the lip out. Gotta get that fixed up, get some rivets, and finish the job..... :builder:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=158105#p158105:10md5iw2 said:
Houndheadjr » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:00 pm[/url]":10md5iw2]
New seat on the 84 :rocks:
file.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 168
Loaded up the trailer and headed out to the airport again! (After a nice visit from Brian with that elusive rubber gasket for the fuel lid!!) :thanks:

Finally got to test my Frogg Toggs Road Toad raingear. Rode to shoot an IDPA pistol match (my other hobby)...the weather forecast kept changing but there was nothing but clear blue sky when I left the house....that changed shortly after I began the match....rain off and on for the day...and ON big time just about when it was time to head home. Just a little wet around the ankles. If I did any long distance riding I'd choose something better but for me, I'm very pleased with them.

Finally made up two 7volt voltage regulators for my 84 standards, after almost 2 years. :blush: Have been trying out one for several hundred miles with good results. :good: So made up a couple & did a nicer job soldering on these two, with colored wire, double shrink wraped, & no wire nuts. Out of pocket, less than $5 for both, not a bad rainey morning's work. :smilie_happy:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=158758#p158758:1p9hs4nc said:
detdrbuzzard » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:14 pm[/url]":1p9hs4nc]
I let my niece ride my 1500 wing and I rode my st 1300a up to flint, mi. for the last day of " bikes on the brick "
file.php

Whata beauty!

~O~

Painted a rear case to match my 1100 engine and not Gerry's and then changed a bushing in the 1200's clutch lever. Turns out not all 1200 clutch levers are created equal, no matter what the eBay dealer claims!

So here I am on the road in Washington and have to change the oil in the 1100's front forks as I tied in down too tight in the truck and squeezed some oil out. In the drive with only a small amount of hand tools . Don't follow directions :wave: . Did not remove faring. Released air pressure, Drained forks. Removed crossover tube, removed left fork tube cap. Reinstalled the drain plugs, Filled the left fork tube with 7oz of 15weight fork oil; then the fun began getting the cap back on. Trying to compress that *&@#!%& spring. took an hour and a trip to HD for some abs pipe to make a long handle tool. finally got it. Just pulled the air valve off the right fork tube and put the 7oz of oil through that opening. Put it all back together :party: :party: :sensored: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Ready to ride. Won't do that again on the bike. Going to get together with Pony Ruiz and K7TKA this Sat . if all goes as planed and maybe get a ride in. HAVE TO MOVE ON MONDAY TO EASTERN OREGON.

Well don't know if this qualifies (let me know if not, since it's not Today). Saturday night, added the relay for voltage sense circuit, had .8 volt difference before mod. Been noticing if ride 70 to 80 mph the battery was loosing water after those long (200+ miles) rides. Sunday rode 265 miles (nice weather) and the battery level was fine. Before mod battery charging voltage was about 15.4V @ 4000 rpm, after mod same rpm netted 14.4V, idle was 12.4. Woohoo! :Egyptian:

Drained the engine oil soon as I got home from werk yesterday(while it was still hot), in preparation for an oil/filter change....finally. Gotta actually go get some oil for it either today or tomorrow, but I have two filters in stock. :builder:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=159140#p159140:3hwbv5y8 said:
AApple » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:13 am[/url]":3hwbv5y8]
Drained the engine oil soon as I got home from werk yesterday(while it was still hot), in preparation for an oil/filter change....finally. Gotta actually go get some oil for it either today or tomorrow, but I have two filters in stock. :builder:
I'm pretty sure it requires only one filter Joel. :BigGrin:

:cheeky:
You know me....I'll screw one of em up in the process.... :smilie_happy: