What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the Mothership (2005 wing) in for safety recall yesterday. It passed with no problem.

Changed fuel filter on the 83 wing. I'll go for a ride in a while and see if the miss is missing. One can only hope.

:yes:

Got my Randakk carbs kit installed going to drain old gas out and put in new gas and try my luck getting my carbs set , wish me luck.....

Turned my wing into the dailey driver two days ago while I got the starter on my dodge diesel tore down and waiting on parts. Did some minor repairs on wing, brake lite switch, signal light switch and rode a few miles.

Sunday went for a 15 mile drive, got so windy bout blew me off the road couple of times. Today I'm going to try and replace some of the old wiring of extra lites the last owner installed .And see if I can get the AM & Fm radio to work. :builder: :beg: :moped:

sure was a good time, Joe. Planning on doing a lot more of it this season. She has a twin brother and i also have a 16 year old girl that loves to ride, so I think they will keep me busy, lol. :Egyptian:

found out she won't be going to the dr. for two more weeks. so that means maybe may before she'll be ready to ride. :crying: and the weather is gettingso nice too :fiddle: oh well just that much more to look foward too :music:

:builder: I just finished replacing the toggle switch for my driving lamps... :sensored: I guess whomever installed them before just used whatever they had laying around. Had a plastic, 20 amp switch, running thru household extension cord... :roll: The switch apparently melted sometime last week, as I have been running the driving lamps all the way to work in the mornings, since it's quite dark around here when I leave. The plastic switch just couldn't handle it. I thought they were wired thru a relay, but they ain't. I'll have to do that this weekend. I bought a 50 amp, all metal, heavy dooty switch today, and just got done installing it. I started to leave this morning, but it was so dadgum foggy, there was no way I wuz gunna chance it in the traffic I have to deal with, so I had to cage it.... :rant:

Long overdue front tire. Not having much luck with the 404's, and the E3 on the rear is still looking pretty good, so I'm going with an E3 on the front this time. It's replaceing a 404 that was nearly bald.
Also noticed the brake pads getting a tad thin while I was there, so I got a (3)set of Kevlars from ebay = 45 bucks shipped.

image.php

sweet that tire looks good by tread design :good: :good:

Kinda the same as on the back. Now I have "same-same" front and rear. I just finished doing the tire and brakes, and used my last oil filter today (with oil change) Sure would be nice to sinc the carbs. Sure would be nice to have somebody clean it, too. Been having 20 & 30 mph winds here with 40 to 60 mph gusts. My parking tent is a mess!