What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
took out the metal rescue.from the tank.but i can't tell if it made much diffence. got a ? should fluids run out of the tankwith the pitcock off? i can blow air in and it bubbles in the tank on oneside,and you can hear air on the otherside but nothing comes out either side. or do the fuelpump have to draw it out?

Replaced the pipe grip because Throttle Cable A broke away from it this morning - checked the air in the tires and shocks - taking the old girl out for a spin up north tomorrow!

Redid the seat again for the seventh time, took out the previous mod of the foam, cut out an installed a gel pad in center of seat, shaved and reshaped the sides to hopefully cut down on circulation loss to legs and installed the cover again. Will test it soon to see if it helps.

yes, comes in a roll, green, called FibaTape at Home Depot
IMG00979-20120521-0916.jpg

Removed the lower fairing both sides to aid in straightening out some wiring done by PO. While attempting to move ignition switch back to top side, discovered that the original switch was being held in original place with zip tie, original wire connector was snipped off, back side of original switch had been ground off on bench grinder so why didn't they just leave it out, new universal switch was wired up with brown household extension cord wire and plastic twist connectors. I sure am glad that's all wiring that he messed with. The lower fairings need cracks repaired, as when it was painted, the previous repairs down at Elmer Fudd's body shop, apparently it was general consensus of opinion that yellow weatherstrip glue would bond anything together and last forever. :Doh2: :doh:

ok the sun was out so a friend and i and miss daisy.got the tank out finnally.and i put some gravles in the tank. tomorrow i start shaking.
bill's 028.jpg
bill's 030.jpg
bill's 031.jpg
bill's 032.jpg
bill's 033.jpg
bill's 034.jpg
bill's 035.jpg
bill's 036.jpg
not to bad for about an hour and a half. saterday should be remove carb day :clapping: if the weather stays nice hopefully we'll be riding soon :moped:

Not much for about 4 weeks. :crying:

Most free time (and money) has been spent repairing the car we swapped out with our Daughter. But....it is running like a champ now! It is absolutely amazing to me a car can run on spark plugs that had 127K miles on them and not really show many sign of problems. Kudos to those darn car computers. :clapping:

Now....back to riding the Wing (when it stops raining!) :cheeky:

been washing and degreasing front of engine since I got the lowers off. Now I've bout decided to chrome out the front two carbs, radiator grille, and put my chrome air horns on. It's more air on my legs and danged if I don't like the lines of the bike better.

Starter had a broken connection inside. Works fine now.

Still dealing with the miss under acceleration. Probably will have to do the carbs at some point.

:head bang: :help:

After changing pulse generators, timing belts,new rear tire and runing tc-w3 and seafoam for the last couple of weeks, I have increased my fuel mileage from 40 up to 49+. Don't know what was the deciding factor. :good: :shock: :headscratch: