what did you do today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fired up the 1200 today, and rode to work.
This weather system has been parked over the midwest for what... a week now... gloomy overcast, damp...
Co-worker said "Aren't you afraid you'll get wet??"

I thought about it for a moment, then answered

"If I was afraid of getting wet, I wouldn't have ridden, would I?"

I guess I've been through enough, that there's not much I'm really afraid of...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=217509#p217509:3sanezjz said:
DaveKamp » Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 am[/url]":3sanezjz]
This weather system has been parked over the midwest for what... a week now... gloomy overcast, damp...

when I was much younger I was riding home in the rain on my CB350, when I stopped at a traffic light there was a group of people waiting for the bus and one guy started laughing. when I asked him why he was laughing he said cause I was riding a motorcycle in the rain. I told him that I would be home in less than 10 minutes and he would still be waiting on the bus in the rain and once the bus got him where he was going he still had to walk in the rain and that I would be home and dry while he was still out soaking wet

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=217509#p217509:11h00jt2 said:
DaveKamp » Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 am[/url]":11h00jt2]

My reply is always "I've been wet before, always dried out."

When I was a younger fellow, I lived in Central Florida for many years. For a large portion of that time I did not have a car. But I had my trusty Bonneville and a succession of Japanese motorcycles. Suffice it to say that in Central Florida, if one rides a motorcycle, one will get wet. After a while, you don’t even think about it.

I do recall gassing up my Eliminator during a fairly spirited thunderstorm… Only because I was going to run out of gas in the ‘pine barrens’ of the Ocala National Forest if I didn’t. Lightning struck a tree at the perimeter of the lot that the station was built on. While I wasn’t struck directly, I most certainly felt current in my hands through the pump as I was fueling. Instantly let go and skipped inside to calm my nerves. The man inside had been watching and asked if I had been struck. I said I wasn’t quite sure. We laughed. Very memorable experience.

And since this is the “What did you do today” thread, I might as well say that it’s my day off and I am expanding our chicken coop. My wife had the bright idea to stop eating so many eggs and instead hatch a bunch to start raising a few ‘meaters’ to bolster our food supply for the pending apocalypse.

We have almost 30 juveniles that’ll be turned out into the main coop in a week or so.

That means it's a ChickenPocalypse!!!!

(that's still better than the Zombie AlpacaLips...)

Got off werk really early today(11:30), so I rode home and brought "The Turd" around front to take it to get the State Inspection done on it. Got that done, brought it back, parked it back on the deck, and put the cover on it. :moped:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=217522#p217522:2yccoqwz said:
DaveKamp » Fri May 22, 2020 5:03 pm[/url]":2yccoqwz]
That means it's a ChickenPocalypse!!!!

(that's still better than the Zombie AlpacaLips...)

You know Dave, I’m almost afraid to say it and the thought is strangely terrifying, but I believe I’d like to hoist a few with you someday. Lord knows where those conversations might lead…

I wash my bike once a year... Memorial Day weekend. I used to do it in one day, starting after breakfast and going until supper, but I don't have the endurance anymore. Washed and dried this afternoon. I'll take half the day Monday to wax and polish. :heat:

Took my '79 for a little ride and tried my video camera on helmet-mount. Came out pretty good on video, awful on audio. Too long to post. I tried it with the camera in its underwater housing, then in an open housing. Really only changed the volume of the noise. However, the underwater housing fogged up when I stopped for about ten minutes. Doesn't encourage me to use it in the water! Bike ran great, although it has tiny backfires even slow cruising. Mileage was 46 mpg for 130 miles (~20 miles interstate). The station that I hit coming out of the park only has Premium in 100% gas (and at a premium price). I try not to use that too often to avoid carboning up the engine.

back at the old school yesterday

Attachments

• 20200523_160224.jpg
    20200523_160224.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 74
met up with family over at mom's house to celebrate her 91st birthday then headed over to ford park

Attachments

• 20200524_174347.jpg
    20200524_174347.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 20200524_174755.jpg
    20200524_174755.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 158
  • 20200524_182731.jpg
    20200524_182731.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 159
  • 20200524_182741.jpg
    20200524_182741.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 159
After church, we stayed for the work party of stripping the sanctuary bare. Carpet, A/V booth, stage, all A/V equipment ripped out. Skip pan overflowing with remnants from the carpet, stage, and A/V booth removal. Stage was 2x12 construction stuffed with carpet for sound absorption. Saved a good size stack of the 2x12s for reuse. Crew started as we left on the remodeling. Only took 3 hours. I was beat. Still, did a minor mod to the Hunley changing the voltmeter out to digital LED.

Took the Goldwing out today. First to my wife's job, because she was low on gas and worried. Grabbed her car to fill it. First gas station literally shut down while I was trying my card. Second one stayed open.

Then rode around, went over to the drug store and they were closed because of the civil unrest. Guess I ended up where some of the looting was supposed to be happening, but I saw nothing at all. Came home.

Now with night, part of the protests have turned blindly destructive. If anyone is curious, Unicorn Riot has a good live feed right now of the third precinct burning.

Yesterday evening the neighbor on his Spyder and I on my '79 rode to the Time Warp Tea Room for the reopening of Bike Night. We were able to go inside to order, and they had a few tables and a bunch of chairs set up on the sidewalk were we could view and discuss each other's rides. Then on the way home we took a longer route, just because it was such a nice evening and we could.

Yesterday got the Goldwing out and brought my wife some takeout. Then just drove around the suburbs since they are less depressing at the moment.

spent some time getting the Goldwing running again. put some air in the tires, washed it up again and took a short ride. once back home i did some carburettor work on the Mighty CT 70 to fix a gas leak. happy to say that i was sucessful

Attachments

• 20200607_161624.jpg
    20200607_161624.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200607_131600.jpg
    20200607_131600.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200607_133816.jpg
    20200607_133816.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 95