Here she is, I named her, "the Wanderer "

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I managed to complete the paint on, "the wanderer". I snuck the project in before my wife's second go around of treatment. Will get picks soon. The bike looks really nice. Amazing what a fresh paint job does. Heck, I might sell her for a million buckaroos.

You'll just have to start over. :roll: Keep this one, & your eye open for that really RARE find, that does come along every once in a while. :hihihi: My last one was an 84 standard, all there, badly neglected, & in need of all the usual.The stator had melting going on in the three wire plug, but it still charges at 14+, after soldering the wires. Have a new one on the shelf, for it when the motor comes out, the damper plate will be eliminated at this time as well! :good: Paid $900 for it at a dealer, had to trailer it home fork's had been leaking so badly they had soaked the brake pads. :whistling: Had no front brakes to speak of, but a limited front end, with brakes to fit ready to bolt up at home. Little over a grand to my drive, the wife came out to look at it, & said you could sell it tomorrow, double your money easy, with no work at all. :yes: Yea i know it's NOT FOR SALE :smilie_happy:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=171765#p171765:pbt508mx said:
Denver » Yesterday, 4:45 pm[/url]":pbt508mx]
You'll just have to start over. :roll: Keep this one, & your eye open for that really RARE find, that does come along every once in a while. :hihihi: My last one was an 84 standard, all there, badly neglected, & in need of all the usual.The stator had melting going on in the three wire plug, but it still charges at 14+, after soldering the wires. Have a new one on the shelf, for it when the motor comes out, the damper plate will be eliminated at this time as well! :good: Paid $900 for it at a dealer, had to trailer it home fork's had been leaking so badly they had soaked the brake pads. :whistling: Had no front brakes to speak of, but a limited front end, with brakes to fit ready to bolt up at home. Little over a grand to my drive, the wife came out to look at it, & said you could sell it tomorrow, double your money easy, with no work at all. :yes: Yea i know it's NOT FOR SALE :smilie_happy:
What a story! I need to work on remembering all the work I do, so that I don't sell it.

My feelings exactly, :yes: the last one that i sold an 1100 standard, was ran hard for several seasons. With tires, oil, with filter, brakes, the wear items the extent of all the necessary work needed. :doh: Am looking now for a good candidate for the 1200 transplant to make that 84 standard that i was just never find :nea: at a price, & distance i could live with. :roll: The 1100 would have worked out well, :swoon: regretted selling it shortly after when the idea, of a motor, total front end, with swing arm back transplant, pretty well transforms it. :rant:Now have about everything needed except for a patient, to transform into a 1200 standard with a twist setting around gathering dust :hihihi:Wifes still here gathering dust also :smilie_happy:

Attention to detail. Will look better after top coat applied. Also, I am missing one of these. It goes on the side cover. If anyone has one they are willing to part with, please let me know. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 214
Geeeeeeeeesh, I've been busy!! but not working on "The Wanderer" :crying: :crying:
Anyway, soon , very soon she will be complete and I will get pics to everyone :yahoo:

Getting closer. Put some decals back on today. Also did my first carb sync with no issues, seems to be running smoother.
Little painting left and then some final pics.
What then? Another ride of course :moped:

Excellent job :good:
I was wondering if your panniers are swapped around from left to right by the looks of the reflectors.

Latest posts