140/90 16 rear tire,,, one brand that doesn't work

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trak

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the name brand starts w/ a P,,.. u don't want to put it on your wing.. unless u want to make alterations to the bike.. probly a great tire,, just a lil overbuilt for the bike. rubbed the arm for the rear brake just checked mine,,.. doesn't look good.... thought i had it fixed,,

POS? :headscratch:

:mrgreen: Sure hear a lot about some tires rubbing on the bracket for the rear brake, and the swing arm....
I just placed another order for two new Bridgestones for my '81. Just sayin.... :blush:

AApple,, what no. bridgestones did u get,, that 544,, or that 740? or what ever that seven one is.. im guessn that alot of them won't fit... ready too take the grinder to mine ! :rant:

i've got an 1/8th in clearance,,.. while on centerstand.. with my weight,,.. idk.. w/me and my sumtimes g/f... o,,bad. Might look into offsetting the brake arm w/offset shim..... just what i wanted to work on :roll:

Trak, I think the '83 has a different swingarm to begin with, compared to my '81. I may be wrong.
The tires I got are:
1 Rear S11 Spitfire 130/90H-17 Blackwall Tire
Part #: 65691 $113.07
1 Front S11 Spitfire 110/90H-19 Blackwall Tire
Part #: 65683 $92.69

I ordered them from Dennis Kirk earlier today...should have them Friday. :moped: :mrgreen:

btw...for those that keep track of stuff like this...when I bought the first rear Bridgestone, from the same place, back in February of this year, it was $78..same tire, same size and all. Today it was $113.07!! Yeeesh!! :ahem:

Well, I am inclined to go with the same Bridgestone S11R 140/90H16 that was on the bike. I did get over 13,000 smooth miles out of it and upon closer inspection, it does appear that I ran over something. Dennis Kirk has them for $78.99 which is $41.75 cheaper than I paid for it back in November 2007 from Honda!

https://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_c ... medium=cse

Here is the post from back when I got mine back in November 2010!

Dan, That's the same tire I put on my '83 with no problems. I changed both front and rear in February and the front was just under $80 and the rear was just over $80. They must be planning on a lot of motorcyclist changing out their tires at the end of the ridding season.

Ya...DK just recently had a sale on tires, too. I think that's why the one I got in Feb was so much cheaper than the same tire this month....dam economics.... :sensored: :mrgreen:

i have removed bar that they say are rubbing and hit with hammer two times not hard but it did the trick not rubbing any more.... much better then changing tire size....