4 inch pulley anyone?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I shall.. it should work like a champ..Here's my though, I'd use locktight on the bolt in the original hole, and I'd cut a piece of 1" flat stock and I'd place it just temporary so it's laying across [centered] then I'd place the cover on where it goes and bolt it on with the one bolt, then I'd locate where my new holes going to be, then drill it out, then get a wooden dowel and steal some of my wife's lip stick[Red it's gotta be Red] and put it on the end of the dowel, insert it as straight as you can until it touches the flat stock and that's where you drill and tap..Pretty simple.. :hihihi: Remember it's gotta be Red.. :shock:Oh and if not many of you have drilled a hole and tapped it out by now in your lifetime, it's time to try it.. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I'd also use a rubber gromet under the bolt head on the cover, maybe a plumbers washer enlarged..Or you can always just measured across from center hole to center hole, either way works well to get your drill marks..

Thanks Beav, That's really a great idea,....now that I have mine ALL TOGETHER,....Thanks You :swoon: !!! Actually, when you mentioned moving it over, that was the way I was thinking of doing it,...Scarey :shock: !! Maybe next year when I change the T-Belts,... could you remind me about this time next year Beav :smilie_happy: !!! Well got the mirror fixed, now measure for a new Alt. belt and put her all together and :moped: Ride :yahoo: !!!! Has anyone thought about putting a shroud around the back of the Alt. to replace the metal that helps keep the heat away??? :laptop: Later, :hi: Bob

I have completed my task at hand, I took photograph's for my friends here, and gave measurements to the hole sizes and tap size ect. simple project, took about 1/2 hr. and I didn't need to pull the radiator or pulley so now I'm so glad I left that bolt out..Or I'd have to undo my pulley after locktighting it..aaauggg :shock: ..This was so simple and I used the the stock bolt and stuff man...Now if I wanta change out my belts I can without removing the pulley..YES....Dan I think you will like this idea...View attachment 4View attachment 3View attachment 2View attachment 1 So what I did on the cover is I drilled out the hole and then rimmed it on the front side so the rubber gromet seats nicely. That sums up my latest project..Hope it meets your approval.. :hi:Maybe I should change my name to MacBeaver :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Well It may be a little hassel for guy's to change out if their bolt is under that pulley because the radiator will need to come off ect. but this will help anyone still going to do this conversion in the future it gives them a way to remove the covers without pulling that silley pulley..making adjustments on the belts easy if need be or removal..Oh did I said I love this conversion...It's freakin awesome man..no more worries about the alternator failing...I am seeking another alt. for a spare to carry on my machine and an extra belt just because..

badorderbob":y3y99ef5 said:
Thanks Beav, That's really a great idea,....now that I have mine ALL TOGETHER,....Thanks You :swoon: !!! Actually, when you mentioned moving it over, that was the way I was thinking of doing it,...Scarey :shock: !! Maybe next year when I change the T-Belts,... could you remind me about this time next year Beav :smilie_happy: !!! Well got the mirror fixed, now measure for a new Alt. belt and put her all together and :moped: Ride :yahoo: !!!! Has anyone thought about putting a shroud around the back of the Alt. to replace the metal that helps keep the heat away??? :laptop: Later, :hi: Bob
You mean like a cover for the back of the alt. if so yes I thought of it and it would be rather simple to achieve...You can custom make a cover..Are you experiencing a lot of heat now using the pusher fan or does that have anything to do with anything? Man I should have posted all this stuff over on my own post, darn it ....oh well...

We better get back to the related topic.. Just don't wanna get in trouble again... :hihihi: :Doh2:

countryboy843":1wvnsw74 said:
ok the big moment for everyone that's still onboard, I will have 5 v-belt pullies and 5 serpintine pullies finished by the end of the week or middle of next week . Looking into having them black powder coated but this will not affect the price . Firm price is going to be 85.00 shipped,, first to respond will of course get the first ones but need orders in so I know how many of what needs to be made. I take PayPal but can arrange other payment. Again I need to know what pulley who needs !!

This was posted April 09th and I paid for my pully a few minutes after Countryboy posted it - I asked a few questions to which I recieved no reply's. My Concern is the lack of timely responses and the chronic delays are beginning to look like delay tactics. Countryboy I am sorry if you bit off more than you can chew but this is not the way buisness is conducted either online or in person. I have no confidence this deal will end well for me or anyone so I entered a "did not recieve my item dispute" on Paypal. I imagine we all know there is only a 30 day window to enter a dispute like this I suggest any one in the same boat as I do so as well.

I hope I am wrong and the pully is waiting at the post office but I have a bad feeling.

Are you serious!? Good lord! The guy is working overtime and has other things to deal with too. With your level of faith I'd return your money and never offer anything. He's given no indication of fraud. My family time and bills would trump any such efforts for sure. If you absolutely need it now just think how happy you'll be when it arrives. Houses can be built in a day if you can throw enough money and coordination out there. Most take months. He isn't a factory unto himself. Each pulley is a "one off " build. Dispute it. Get your money. Maybe I'll buy that one.

that would workout fine - send me the $85.00 and you can have mine - this has nothing to do with needing or not needing the money its a matter him asking for payment so the items can ship and then waiting a month - If I ran my buisness that way I'd be unemployed.

How would you like to send it I take Paypal electric transfers or visa.

Dan Your the best man...You should see my sticker on my Cee Bailey, Awesome.. I have a pretty neat design, if someone could cut that socket as well as I did they would be in business and like Andy said weld it, but you can only weld it at the back of the pulley part not the front because you can't have any weld bead there, it must be flat because that's where that big washer lays up against tightly.... so the J B Weld is perfect for that, I will let you guy's know if it ever fails...

Failure Beav,... :swoon: I hope not, Your Harley buddies wouldn't let you down if it made a mess on the road!!! :smilie_happy: And by the way Beav, why haven't you given me an answer on your thread about the shroud :rant: !!! :smilie_happy: Went for a ride today, about 25 miles, and the digital volt meter started out at 14.4, then settled down to about 13.8 to 14.0 but mostly at 13.9 :heat: !!! This was at 45mph. to 55mph :laptop: and the temp was 87'. I even think the bike runs cooler with this conversion, the fan never kicked on :thank_you: !!! And yes I will have to come up wih a shroud because since we cut the metal inside lower part, you do get a little too much heat, at least for me :mrgreen: !!Later, Hope eveyone has Good Luck on theirs',.... :hi: Bob

Be Ave I will issue your refund Thursdays and I will ship out this
e other pulley that has been paid for then I am out. I am a single father and I have been spending alot of time away from the house leaving my daughter alone to work on these pullies trying to help everyone I won't even be making a profit on them after everything is done.

Take that $85 and buy that little girl something with it instead...I totally understand Country I just wish you informed us more often as to what was going on.. Good luck to you both..

Latest posts