4 inch pulley anyone?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohio Bill, did you pay him any money Sir? I am kinda curious what would be happening right now if all 15 people that said they wanted one, actually did pay him...Hummm, some maybe not so understanding guy's I'd say.. :shock: :shock: If everyone wants to blame me for this guy bailing that's cool I'll take it..I was taught to say what you mean and mean what you say... regardless of who is helping out who..It's funny how people give their word then bail..Gezzz I wonder why... :doh:

badorderbob":2hfrivik said:
Thanks Beav, That's really a great idea,....now that I have mine ALL TOGETHER,....Thanks You :swoon: !!! Actually, when you mentioned moving it over, that was the way I was thinking of doing it,...Scarey :shock: !! Maybe next year when I change the T-Belts,... could you remind me about this time next year Beav :smilie_happy: !!! Well got the mirror fixed, now measure for a new Alt. belt and put her all together and :moped: Ride :yahoo: !!!! Has anyone thought about putting a shroud around the back of the Alt. to replace the metal that helps keep the heat away??? :laptop: Later, :hi: Bob
I can make the heck out of these little plates and I can tap them for anyone that wishes one..It will fit the original bolt, but you have to drill the hole in the cover and seal the original one..

Folks, I got no dog in this fight, but I do have a little insight to what it takes to do "side jobs". Sometimes, life gets in the way of working on someone elses vehicle, or whatever it may be. It took me almost two months to do the last trans I did as a side job, but the guy made the mistake of tellin me "No hurry". :Doh2: (I can normally do one in a couple of hours...)
CB was doing these pullies just to help some of ya'll out...doing them on his own time, when he could find the time and machinery to do them. While I'm wid ya on the lack of communication issue, sometimes, it takes me a while to respond to folks around the country, too, if it's a forum I rarely have time to check in on...or time period.
I don't know...I see both sides, but like I said...I got no $$$$ in this anywhere. Just hate seeing fellow CGW members at odds with each other...that's all. :ahem:

That being said....this thread seems to be jumping all over da place...I'm so confused now...what is the thread even about? :whip:

AApple":3euuarij said:
Folks, I got no dog in this fight, but I do have a little insight to what it takes to do "side jobs". Sometimes, life gets in the way of working on someone elses vehicle, or whatever it may be. It took me almost two months to do the last trans I did as a side job, but the guy made the mistake of tellin me "No hurry". :Doh2: (I can normally do one in a couple of hours...)
CB was doing these pullies just to help some of ya'll out...doing them on his own time, when he could find the time and machinery to do them. While I'm wid ya on the lack of communication issue, sometimes, it takes me a while to respond to folks around the country, too, if it's a forum I rarely have time to check in on...or time period.
I don't know...I see both sides, but like I said...I got no $$$$ in this anywhere. Just hate seeing fellow CGW members at odds with each other...that's all. :ahem:

I do have a dog in the fight - I was the first to pay because when I give my word I keep it!

I dont use the fact that I raised my kids as a single father to get out of anythig in fact one of the main reasons I only give my word when I plan on keeping it is because the very last thing in the world I want is for my kids to see me as a FLAKE.!

Its good that a guy offered to make the pully's and I understand that he may have a busy life as most of us do but once you take money for something its business!

Can anyone tell us what pulley's are still available, the prices, and the contact information to order them? Without reading the 34+ pages of posts...we found one from Countryboys along with a couple others. Also, has anyone determined if there is an existing pulley that can be used? Such as from another vehicle or piece of equipment.

Thanks!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7560#p7560:3m2ppan3 said:
joedrum » Fri May 21, 2010 8:25 pm[/url]":3m2ppan3]
id say your right gerry its what im thinking is the way to go

To my thinking the cost of a stator change, plus the work involved, is much
more than the work and cost of adding an external alternator even if one
doesn't want to run a toaster, or in my case, a coffee pot.

With all the lights that are on my machine, plus just a standard AM/FM/cassette
radio draw the maximum with nothing more. With my need for a two way radio
(commercial unit) I have need of more than the stock alternator can handle, which
is already overloaded.

Latest posts