6-1/2" pioneer speakers mounted today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool set up. miss daisy doesn't have any sould yet.but it won't be anything near that...seen a radio and speakers ,cb on ebay for 65.00 but they didn't know if it worked or not. not going to chance it.

Hey Dan and everyone interested, I mounted my new 3" speaker today..It was fun, I don't have a 2-7/8" holesaw so I used my trusty do everything dremel with a heavy duty blade don't ya know..In the photo you will see a full size blade on the dremel, well it's much easier to make your turns when the blade is smaller, so I grinded on some old steel until it got smaller...about 3/4" over all, gotta be darn careful guys if you do this, what I did when cutting was I cut lightly around the line first then inside of that cut I cut deep and all the way thru inside that outer cut, removed the circle and trimed up to the outer cut, having that inner circle gone helps the cutting process trimming is made easy this way .. A nice tight fit, and the screws were easy to mark out and drill the pilot holes and done..I think they will sound good but I'm unsure as I still need to wire everything up..I wanted to show the mounting though, it should sound sweet with the pioneers up front.. Looks professionally done, I think aaaah professional :smilie_happy: :shock: ..3-1/2" speakers will probably fit too but I wouldn't try 4" too large at least my 4" ones are...Here are some photo's for ya...View attachment 4View attachment 3View attachment 2View attachment 1

chasrogers":1qg5uqpw said:
looks good beave it is perfect. works for the interstate but would have to use a diffrent location for a aspincade as that is where the two pouchs are. :good: :good: :good: :eek:k:
That is correct sir..Maybe not so good for the aspy.

dan filipi":yphoxa6i said:
Looks pretty darn shnazzy there beav!

I have those pouches and have like never used them.
I think their days are numbered after seeing this.
Well now Dan wait until I listen to these first, I'm sure 3-1/2" speakers will work too but I wanted the Marine type..and it's so easy to purchase stuff off ebay..I'm sure they will sound good..Be sure to get surface mounted one, and if it says 2-7/8" on the template cut it exactly that, as there isn't too much left for the screws, over cut and the screws may not fasten like they should is what I'm saying it's close..I did it right the first time..but many times guys cut the outside of the line I wouldn't in this case..

I bet my friend rich gets some mounted there because he's crazy that way, don't think he has enough on his thunder bike..ha haaa aaahh, you guys hear that thing...He's a nut...I'm going out to hook up the speakers and I'll let you guy's know how they are..

Ok Dan, I just got done hooking it up and it sounds pretty gosh darn good there, if I were to do it over I wouldn't change a thing, for 3" speakers they are great and with the pioneer 6 1/2" I have a sweet sound coming off my bike now..Crisp and loud...I am happy because I don't have that box on my rack any more, getto man..My stereo is a panasonic out of a Nissan I got for $25 , mp3 compatable ha ha casette..

This is my next mod beav, thanks for the pics. One question, when you removed material from the fairing, did you lose the original speaker box holes? I was hoping this wasn't necessary. Also, do you guys think the original stereo can drive 6.5" speakers. I'm assuming/hoping I'll get better sound at a lower volume. The 4" speakers distort terribly at high volume as you all know.

~O~

On my fairing I didn't have any holes cut there for speakers before, so I'm not really sure..

chasrogers":33ikku9w said:
looks good beave it is perfect. works for the interstate but would have to use a different location for a aspencade as that is where the two pouches are. :good: :good: :good: :eek:k:

I have an 1984 Interstate and there are pouches there as well.

also where the front speakers marine as well ? I was wondering if all the stereo and such needed to be marine or not... i have tones of car stereo equipment laying in my garage wasted....

My pioneer speakers on the front are not marine type, I have made covers for them and they will be just fine in the rain now, the angle of the windsheild protect the speakers pretty well too..

So the speakers don't have to be marine they just have to be covered with water resistant covers? And what about the stereo head unit. I have 3 jvc head units with mp3, Bluetooth and aux. Cd player 50 x 4 200 watts from my cars that i have had and either sold or in mu poor corollas case my sister borrowed it and ran it outta oil and when i got it back it was too late the rod shot outta the front of the block leaving a hole bigger than my fist. But that tough old motor ran on three with no oil pressure or oil to get me home after the smoke cleared.... any way sorry for the blast from my past I am getting a wixom ranger faring and was thinking about a hogtunes type setup on my bike.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I have seen stereo boxes with covers, I'm part caveman so I just cover those too, I haven't got caught in a real down pour of rain yet either though, I'm ready hen it happens, I just cover them with my plastic covers and extra rubberbands ha ha..No way the water will get to it..