79 gold wing looking up.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwbill37841

Supporting Member
Reaction score
heard from dyna tek today :clapping: they said my ing. is on it's way. :clapping: so if the weather will let me it should be start up time soon. :music: then on to tank and brakes and ect.any one know how long it tack from cal. to tn? useally? :cool:go miss daisy go miss daisy :party:

My first GW was a '79. In 1991, I purchased it for $800.00 !! I put new tires and spark plugs on her and took for a six day 2600 mile tour from Florida - South Carolina and back . The following year , I had new cam belts put in her, and took her on a 24 day, 7,400 mile tour. I recall waiting at a stop light on the Las Vegas Strip , when a crotch rocket rider pulled along side . He asked : Did you ride that old girl all the way from Florida ? I answered with alot of pride , " I sure did " !!!! I now own a 1981 GL1100 Interstate and a 1982 Naked Wing !! However, I will always have a special love for my first Gold Wing !!

furyfan2":34s8fp9q said:
My first GW was a '79. In 1991, I purchased it for $800.00 !! I put new tires and spark plugs on her and took for a six day 2600 mile tour from Florida - South Carolina and back . The following year , I had new cam belts put in her, and took her on a 24 day, 7,400 mile tour. I recall waiting at a stop light on the Las Vegas Strip , when a crotch rocket rider pulled along side . He asked : Did you ride that old girl all the way from Florida ? I answered with alot of pride , " I sure did " !!!! I now own a 1981 GL1100 Interstate and a 1982 Naked Wing !! However, I will always have a special love for my first Gold Wing !!

Cool story!

Mark

got an oil filter today and a decent battery charger a fuse holder and 30 amp fuses.
and some brake fluid.now it's supposed to snow tonight up to eight inches. i'm not going to be up and running for awhile. maybe next week... :Awe: