80 gl engine swap

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it will though the gearing will change a little. I'm pretty sure the wiring is the same. If anything does require modification I'm sure it won't be much.

its pretty much plug and go .... :mrgreen: i didnt know there was something wrong with your bike carl.... :mrgreen: yours is an 82 ...well im glad your bike is okay :mrgreen:

If I remember correctly when I did the 81 into my 83 all that had to be done was modify the neutral plug.
80-81 doesn't have an overdrive light like the 83 but I live just fine without that lol.

dan filipi":1zpic0iq said:
If I remember correctly when I did the 81 into my 83 all that had to be done was modify the neutral plug.
80-81 doesn't have an overdrive light like the 83 but I live just fine without that lol.
Sometimes it's hard to find neutral, what do I need to do? I made adjustment to the clutch cable and it seem to help but it's still a pesty issue?

Finding neutral is a bit of a challenge on this transmission.

What helps for me is when I'm at a stop, let the clutch out til it just crabs and pull it back in quickly while pulling it up into neutral. If I do this quickly it goes right to neutral. It's become second nature now.

dan filipi":3540rwya said:
Finding neutral is a bit of a challenge on this transmission.

What helps for me is when I'm at a stop, let the clutch out til it just crabs and pull it back in quickly while pulling it up into neutral. If I do this quickly it goes right to neutral. It's become second nature now.
Thanks I'll give that a go.. :)