82 Aspencade compressor won't pressurize suspension

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratocat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm finally getting my bike back together after resoving some issues. The 82 has the compressor controls mounted on the false tank. As many of you know, you have to remove the compressor and disconnect the air lines to the front and rear suspension to remove the false tank. When I put it all back together it won't pressurize the shocks. The compressor runs and appears to pump air. The O rings on the banjo bolts look good. But I do not get any pressure to the front or rear shocks. :head bang: :head bang: :head bang: Any sugestions would be welcome.

:cool!: I have the same problem on my Asspy, had to take the false tank off last year to replace the throttle cable and after putting her back together the pump would run but not show any pressure on the gage, been putting air in with my compressor (very carefully I might add) hope ya figure it out (I'll be watching this thread )
Winger 82 :hi:

Winger 82":1cmksdjq said:
:cool!: I have the same problem on my Asspy, had to take the false tank off last year to replace the throttle cable and after putting her back together the pump would run but not show any pressure on the gage, been putting air in with my compressor (very carefully I might add) hope ya figure it out (I'll be watching this thread )
Just wondering how you are puting air in with your compressor.

:cool!: I have a shrader/valve stem on the pump itself, it's kinda tricky getting the airchuck on it and running the controls on the tank, my rears have been maual air since I have owned the bike.

Winger 82":1rtu1zow said:
Today my son took a look at my compressor problem and noticed that one of the banjo fittings was sitting a little cocked on the bolt and was not flush against the piece that it screws into. He took it apart and refastened it properly. That did the trick. It is now functioning properly. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I'll be able to take my first test ride tonight after being down for nearly 2 months.

stratocat":3d17q7dl said:
Winger 82":3d17q7dl said:
Today my son took a look at my compressor problem and noticed that one of the banjo fittings was sitting a little cocked on the bolt and was not flush against the piece that it screws into. He took it apart and refastened it properly. That did the trick. It is now functioning properly. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I'll be able to take my first test ride tonight after being down for nearly 2 months.

I'll have to give it a look see this weekend