'90s CBR900RR front rotors

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoyBoySigh

Reaction score
Hey fellas, I don't have a WHOLE goldwing, I've just got a front wheel from a '77, well really only the hub and spokes which are getting cut down.... But I found some specs a while back on rotor bolt patterns, which has since been removed from the manufacturer's site. But what I gleaned from it was that the early CBR900RR front rotors, and several other CBR rotors such as 600's from the same period, will fit the front hub. I wonder if anybody else here has swapped out the early GL rotors for anything else, lots of Ducati rotors seem to fit the bill. Right now I'm searching fleabay ads for aftermarket rotors such as wave type rotors from China for modern crotch rockets, and comparing the numbers. It kind of messed me up when the link I had, they re-worked their whole website. Now I'm not certain whether I want rotors from '91 or '93.

You know, I don't want to see classic goldwings stripped for parts, but for those who have modified their suspension with an "up-graded" front end, the GL fork was an essential piece of kit for Freddie Spencer replica CB750/900/1100F builds. If you've got a set kicking around gathering dust, you should post them on the CB1100F.net forum, I'm sure they'd find their way onto a race track right quick. Just a thought.

So, yeah, if anybody here has done a front brake rotor swap using floating rotors off of modern crotch rockets, I'd love to hear about it!

-Sigh.

I haven't done it myself and don't recall reading about it. However it does sound like an interesting project. Welcome aboard!

Are you sure that you are no thinking about a CB900 Bol o dor which are early 80s and the same as 80s GW? I looked at my cbr1000 rotor and they are way too big, I haven't made up my mind on the calipers yet...