anybody ever work on one of these

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
image.php

seems to be missing air cleaner cartrige

image.php

its a 4 cylinder 50hp....first pic shows it a two carb deal

image.php

got it to run ...it has a solenoid choke deal ...that works with key ...also has manual pull

image.php

did not circulate water ...so now the bottom has to come off and be worked on ... seems starter solenoid is bad im having to jump crossed it to start it...so if any one got something to say on it ...need to know about what year it is ...?

Should be a data plate somewhere with the year and model. It may never have had an air cleaner. My snowblower never did. Most wet lakes aren't dusty.

Correct on no air cleaner :yes: can't drive it down the dreaded driveway so there is not much chance of dust getting in when you are afloat :yes:
Aren't GWs expensive enough without getting a hole in water to throw money into Joe? :smilie_happy:

Looks like the 50 h.p. mercury I had on the back of my tri-hull.
I do not remember any air cleaner I may still have the shop manual around I will check.
Jerry

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=132721#p132721:3cffbfi8 said:
Ansimp » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:02 pm[/url]":3cffbfi8]
Correct on no air cleaner :yes: can't drive it down the dreaded driveway so there is not much chance of dust getting in when you are afloat :yes:
Aren't GWs expensive enough without getting a hole in water to throw money into Joe? :smilie_happy:

thanks jerry .....tony my son bought this ... i am not sure what he paid for it ...

So...how long before the outboard powered wood splitter is up and running, Joe? :hihihi:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=132767#p132767:3c5ax5re said:
Steve83 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:21 pm[/url]":3c5ax5re]
I think Joe's graduating from Goldwings to Goldfins!
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

impeller is quite aways above the horizontal prop shaft,, or where the gears and gear dog are at in the bottom,,, you need a drum joe drum,, ha.. may not need an impeller..

i had the hose hooked up to it too ... nothing coming out return ... i am going to take bottom off and check things out good its all unknown so far ... but progress is good to me