Anyone going to Mid Ohio this week?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveA-wing

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're leaving Wednesday after work heading to Mid Ohio Vintage Motorcycle Days.
I'll be working in the VJMC area when I'm not off drooling at the swap meet.
Haven't been there before, but I'm looking forward to it!

If you're in the area, stop by and say "howdy"

Was going to take the Wing, but the wife's knee and back have let her know that they'd prefer going in the van......
Now I could take the Wing and she could follow..................Hmmmmmmmmm..........room in the van for goodies....... :yes:

Never miss it. You will need something to ride around there so if you have a small bike that fits in your van take it. Or the you ride and she follows you is a good plan. I have worked the vjmc booth in the infield and it is a long walk to the swap meets. They do have shuttles too though.

Yes I will be going,I will be riding down with a few other VINTAGE RICE BURNERS thursday morning.
Although it sounds like fun,I am not looking forward to the heat.

I did,however,get an epaderal shot with hopes my back can take the walking.Now thats prioritys.

Just got to the hotel in Mansfield. Ended up pulling the trailer and brought the 78' CB-400A.
The wife's knee wasn't up to the 10 hour drive. I drove and she slept.

Bike's unloaded and ready to head over VMD in the morning!

Steve

Just got home,What a great event.I had a ball.
We road down with six bikes,A 79 CB750F,my 83 GL1100,a 84 GL1200 a 86 Venture a 89 FJ1200 and a 2011 HD road king (What a wreck)
It was a very hot ride down,and we found shade relief hiding out in car washs along the way.
After the meltdown thursday we decided to check out the AMA HALL OF FAME museum friday and spent saterday at the show.
One of are guys had his CB750 in the CAFE RACERS tent,and another had his 750F in the AMA show.The swap meet was an awfull lot for a chubby guy whos used to working in AC but I got through it.Never seen such a big swap meet.

Loved the "CAFE RACER magazine" tent the most,and did enjoy studing the 400Fs in the show for info on my newest project.

I did run by both VJMC tents,but wouldnt know anyone other than Steve Searles and Red,and thats not the best company for me anyway.Should have gotten a PIC from you ahead of time.

Was that your CM400A in the show?Nice bike.

Cant wait untell next year.

Attachments

• cafe racer.jpg
    cafe racer.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 164
  • show.jpg
    show.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 159
  • shade.jpg
    shade.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 160
  • carwash.jpg
    carwash.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 161
I agree with what you said about the heat, it was flat brutal on Friday. I had my CB-400A down at the infield VJMC booth. I was using it to commut between both the swap meet and the infield booths. It the CB-400A was there, then I was there. My darling wife worked the infield booth for three days. She said that she met the nicest group of people during the weekend and even at the cookout. I had a great time and I'm looking forward to Barber's in the fall!