Are GoldWingers really this lazy?!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
FFS... a $675 electric shifter? :yes: Yeppers!

The only time you need to use the clutch is during start-up and when stopping/stopped.

~O~

Attachments

• elecshift.jpg
    elecshift.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 295
Oh brother.... I guess Money can buy you anything these day's, I guess if you pay out 20k for a Wing it probably should shift itself... :smilie_happy: :clapping: I will stick it out with my Classic...

What happens iffin ya gits yer toes stuck between that thing and the floorboard when the machine takes over, and decides to downshift on it's own?

Ever seen the movie "Maximum Overdrive"????
No thanks...if I wanted an automatic, I'da bought one....like I used to have...

Maybe for disabled riders driving trike or sidecar rig.

I saw glorified training wheel for GL1800 for I think $3000 or so. It is retractable so you only use it in a parking lot like airplane landing gear.

I could build an Electric Shifter for a few bucks , and I have been thinking about it for my Trike , all it would take is the Electric Accuator from an Electric door lock from a car or truck , that Locks and Unlocks the door with the push of a button . might not be Chrome , but for $675 I could live with some Paint on it . :smilie_happy:

I can believe Wingers are this lazy. But I can't see many winger coughing up 675.00 either. Because we are as cheap as we are lazy :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

mwbill37841":jzr1wzp3 said:
my granpappy used to say" hard work never killed anyone " but why take the chance? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
:smilie_happy: :hi: :smilie_happy:

My buddy has one on his bike and it's not because he is lazy but, because he has no foot on the left side.Lost it in Iraq same explosion that cost me my hearing in the left ear and the loss of 3" in height. He loves it because he broke three of his artificial feet trying to shift so after the last one he got one. he likes it some what. he rides a 2006 goldwing.

1060dsl":ipkdxytw said:
mwbill37841":ipkdxytw said:
my granpappy used to say" hard work never killed anyone " but why take the chance? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
:smilie_happy: :hi: :smilie_happy:
:builder: Who Says I'm afraid of hard work I am NOT - I can lay down and fall asleep right beside it :builder: