Back to a Standard with the Wife's approval!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could also be in the way the wattage is measured. 600 Watts peak to peak is 300 Watts peak which is about 210 Watts RMS.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

:oops: :cheeky: :whip: I'm feeling really stupid these days...........
Earlier in this thread you will find me complaining about how hard it is to remove the headlight/turn signal brackets from the forks.....dropping the forks out, dropping the front wheel off.......

Maybe if I smarted up some, I would have read up on how to do this! (You dummy) You don't need to drop "everything" off the front end. You remove the top of the triple tree exposing the forks and SLIDING the brackets onto the forks! :whip: :rtfm:

Well.....if that isn't a lot easier than trying to manhandle those brackets in while shoving the forks back up from underneath.... :heat: :smilie_happy: :Awe: :cheeky:

Thanks Gerry, I just thought you preferred the Aussie method ( coming up from down under) :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=116248#p116248:3sn8yzh0 said:
Ansimp » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:11 pm[/url]":3sn8yzh0]
Thanks Gerry, I just thought you preferred the Aussie method ( coming up from down under) :smilie_happy:
:smilie_happy: Not fair! Coffee spit out all over the computer!! :smilie_happy:

A rubber fork cover came in the mail today from a Member over at NGW!! :thanks:

All of the pieces are in to make the conversion! Now, to just get through this kidney operation and start back working on the bike! :whip:

(BTW, I went last Tuesday and the operation was not successful. Trying again this Tuesday. Hoping 2nd time is a charm because I don't feel real charmed right now!)

sheesh i hate doctors mostly they really did a number on me ... not malicious on most of them ... they were as clueless as me .. but that means nothing ... i guess i really went through it latly ... this morning i woke feeling pretty good .. till my daughter ask what happen to me ... i said nothing ... she said something did you look like a raccoon... she went and got a mirror and showed me .. both my eyes are blacked out from from bleeding around the eyes ... sheeesh i knew i was was really going through head pain and fever ...

on the possitive side its already starting to clear ... but i dont feel as good as before i seen it sheesh LOL ... hang in gerry you get better at it with practice ...

hmmm not sure im helping gerry ....refer back to toy and mc god that the only medecine i take anymore

Last doctor procedure finished today! Pain is 1/2 of last week so the road to recovery is open!! In the meantime, while laying around in pain I have acquired a few items from Ebay and Amazon.com. Just received a trailer hitch for a Standard!! :yahoo:

Also, ordered some Flitz polish to see how well it will work on the valve covers without a buffing wheel.

(Worked pretty good!! Read about it here with pics..)

viewtopic.php?p=115985#p115985

Finally on the mend and back to work on the project! (Thanks for the prayers guys!!) :thanks:

Much of the bike is apart and the engine is about ready to come out. While draining the radiator, I decided to check the water pump since I know it is original to the '83 engine with a bakelite impeller. Wasn't in bad shape 5 years ago when I put the engine in, but the bike has gained some 22,000 miles since then.

Check for any play and BEHOLD.....IT IS MOVING AROUND!! :rant:

Looks like I'm installing a new water pump while the engine is out...... :cheeky:

If your going to rebuild the pump Gerry, try to pick up a metal impeller pump, I was going to rebuild this bake lite one until about five minutes ago. I noticed a very slight looseness of the impeller on the shaft and closer, I mean real close inspection revealed why. Barely visible hairline cracks.
WP_20140513_002.jpg
WP_20140513_009.jpg