backrest

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered my from Utopia; I saw their ad in 'Wing World'. I could not be more please with their service and the backrest.
It has really, REALLY made riding more enjoyable :thanks: - it matches the seat perfectly and looks like it came that way from the factory.
I'd strongly encourage you to give those folks a call! :yes:

I have a Markland fold forward on my '81...prolly one of the best additions I have made, as far as comfort goes. Only problem with mine is I have to remove it for 2-up riding, as there is just not enough room between it and the trunk for Mama. I need to scoot my trunk back some... :good:

AApple Thats the same one that came with my 82. I just put it on yesterday. Looking at your picture yours is above the back of your set. How many adjustment positions are there? Mines in the 3rd one. The issue I have with mine is the holder on the frame is hard on my thigh when I stop. I'm thinking about making something that will cover the hinge.

Mine has 3 fore/aft positions. I have mine in the front-most position, and that seems to be just right for me. It will also adjust up/down. I also had an issue with the side brackets....I'm used to them now, and hardly even notice them. If your legs are shorter than mine, then yours will prolly be more aggravating. Sometimes, the cotter pin(s) get flipped around, and dig into me thigh...I keep intending to replace the cotter pins with hitch clips, but I haven't yet.

bkrst.jpg

Climbing over it getting on and off is why mine is on eBay

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

dan filipi":1r5zoeqe said:
Far from perfect with the design on the side.
Jabbing my thigh is why I took mine off.

That is the problem I have with mine, but when I am on a long ride, the comfort that the back rest provides out weights the discomfort in the thighs

mcgovern61":2paj1luz said:
This is the back rest to have!

Mine is very similar and I love it.
My previous one mounted on the side similar to the markland,but you could pop it on and off in a half a second.But it did bother the back of the legs.
The new (saddleman I have know tips forward,or just pull it out to board the bike and no external brackets.

Yeah...but it tends to be noisy, and seems to whack you on yer head for no apparent reason at times... :Doh2: