Beautiful Ride in Illinois

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piper

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As kind of a joke last Sunday I duct taped an old beat up camera that had been dropped a hundred times onto the drink holder and went down to Starved Rock State Park and did the Rt 71 River Ride. This is a very well known biker road here in Illinois and every weekend is like a bike show in Utica, the little town at the end of the road. This road is not ridden as a peg dragging experience and the riders normally just make it a relatively slow relaxing ride because the scenery is so pretty and traffic is usually a little heavy on the weekend. The old beat up camera I used did a lot better job than I had thought it would and just thought I would share it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giejO_mP ... re=channel

Good call Joe! "Forever in Love" if I remember right. YouTube slapped my wrist for using it but said they wouldn't pull it if nobody complained.

The rider right in front of me is a woman named Carol in her 50's, I think. She's not wearing a helmet and has long blond hair. Her husband is the lead bike. There were 6 bikes behind me but I thought just the two would make a better video. Most of the bikes are Harleys and very few wear helmets. I saw a couple other wings in Utica but they were 1800's.
This is probably a normal road in Tn and some other states, but the good ones like this are a little rare here in Illinois, at least this part of Illinois