Best trip you've ever had on your bike

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From here thru upper NY ferry ride from NY to Vt. down thru VT. thru Mass. / CT. back into NY then home to Pa. Great ride lots a nice places to see and eat :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped:

Haven't had a "best ride" yet on the Goldwing. But the best ride I've had to date was when I had my '93 Ducati Superlight, and I organized a trip with some other Ducati owners for a trip up to Laguna Seca for the World Superbike races. We took some back roads out of Ventura County into Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez, got on the G14 in Paso Robles, which took us out by Lake Nacimiento, then on to Lockwood and Jolon Road, then a short run on the 101 to the G16 and Carmel Valley Highway, which took us past Laguna Seca into Monterey. Lots of fast sweepers on those G-roads, and hearing all those booming Italian v-twins was music to my ears! I think on that trip we also went to Alice's Restaurant, and did some back roads around Santa Cruz (Bonnie Doon, Ice Cream Grade?). Great trip on some unique machines (I think mine was the only yellow one!).

Some real nice roads up there bronze, especially with a sport bike.
There's long gradual grades with mild sweeping turns, man the rush blowing out the carbon.
I need to go for a ride!

The best one.
Two week solo touring in so Cal and Baja desert aboard XT600.
Camped in the middle of nowhere.
Ran out of gas because the gas station didn't have gas.
That was 20 years ago.. sigh

Next best one.
Three week touring on XJ750/XV750 in Australia with my friend.
Sydney->Blue Mtns->Adelaide->Ayer's Rock->Adelaide->Melborne->Canberra->Sydney
Beer was good (even during the day... well, yeah)
That was 26 years ago.

bronzestarvue":g7mdrpn2 said:
Haven't had a "best ride" yet on the Goldwing. But the best ride I've had to date was when I had my '93 Ducati Superlight, and I organized a trip with some other Ducati owners for a trip up to Laguna Seca for the World Superbike races. We took some back roads out of Ventura County into Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez, got on the G14 in Paso Robles, which took us out by Lake Nacimiento, then on to Lockwood and Jolon Road, then a short run on the 101 to the G16 and Carmel Valley Highway, which took us past Laguna Seca into Monterey. Lots of fast sweepers on those G-roads, and hearing all those booming Italian v-twins was music to my ears! I think on that trip we also went to Alice's Restaurant, and did some back roads around Santa Cruz (Bonnie Doon, Ice Cream Grade?). Great trip on some unique machines (I think mine was the only yellow one!).

Found a pic of my old yellow Ducati, brings back some good memories, including from when my junior in college was only a little tyke!
DucatiwShelby.jpg