Big Hello from North Phx,Az area

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AzBowman

Reaction score
Hello all new member here and wanted to drop a line and say hello from myself and Solo

Attachments

• GL1200 I RED (Custom) (2).JPG
    GL1200 I RED (Custom) (2).JPG
    3.6 KB · Views: 143
Welcome to the CGW Forums, AzBowman!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Looks like a clean ride there! :good:

Thank you guys very much for the compliments. I would have to agree she sure is one nice looking bike has been garage kept her whole life and I got detailed maintenance history with her as well. I'm only the 3rd owner also.

OK guys here goes and I hope I can make it through the telling. Solo's story is one of joy, sadness, and surprise all wrapped up in one. The bike got her name in a round about way from my brother in law who is no longer with us. See he is/was a Marine and an Iraq war veteran, he was one of the many who came home with the type of injuries you cant see. He suffered with PTSD although he was on medication he lost his battle Dec. of 2011 and took his own life well one of my sisters is active duty Air Force and offered to make us all copies of his dog tags as a memorial. Prior to his death we had been talking about me getting a Wing and going for rides together and the like. The song by Toby Keith Red Solo Cup was one of his favorites. fast forward to recently I picked up my bike on a Saturday rode it 50 miles home and parked it the rest of the day to go over it better. Sunday morning comes along and I decide to go for a little ride and put the key into the bike, now I have to mention I parked on Saturday and first thing was to put his Tags on the key ring for the bike, I turn on the bike and turn on the radio the first song on the radio that comes on is Red Solo Cup. Deep in my heart I know that was his way of letting me know he was not in pain any longer and that even in death he is still riding with me. God Bless you Paul and God Bless all the men and women that have or are serving, you deserve all the best! So that is Solo's story hope you all enjoyed.

Great story :crying: I thank him for serving and pray for your healing. I am buying a 1500 that my brother-in-law had. We served togather, he was injured in nam but finally retired. Went to Florda for his 50 anaversery and got a bug from the oacen there. Died 3 days after returning home. He used to bring the 1500 down here and we would ride togather. No one in the family wanted it so I said I would buy it. Sister is a hard bargener, won't let me bring it home untill fully paid for, so I have to sell the 80 to pay for it.

Thank you for your service firstly and that of your brother as well. The 1500 of your brothers as sad as it is to let go of an old Wing is gonna be a nice addition and a way for him to live on with you.