Boating anyone?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratocat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A buddy sent me this. I just had to share it here

2,000 HP Outboard Inflatable ...

Here's the latest drug runner toy from Europe ...
This thing belts across the English channel 3 times per week and was just a blur on the radar of the
British Coastguard.

They were so astonished by the speed of the unknown craft, they brought in a special high speed helicopter to chase it.
Drugs were found on board. Of course, you'd have to be on drugs to put the throttle down on this rig!

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 156
dan filipi":c8b9jl0w said:
Wow, 2000 HP pushing that thing must be a major rush!
What would it do if you gave it full power quickly from a dead stop?

Ever see a moron give a crotch-rocket full throttle from a dead stop? Ever see one flip right straight over backwards? :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I'll never forget the time my brother and I were on the Colorado river near Blythe with our little ski boat.

We had a blast. It had a big motor for the boat size so it would fly!

We were getting board one trip out and had a good buzz going.
Making hard right and hard left turns, my brother decides to make a continues hard left to make a whirl pool.
He got it so deep I could see the bottom of the river, was pretty cool to see.

Well we would have been fine had he just turned out to the right but no, he cut the power and WHOOSH! In an instant the boat swamped and was sitting at the bottom of the river! :smilie_happy:

Fun times!
I was sure glad the river was only waist deep at that point.

I hope you were able to salvage the boat. I capsized my 14' sailboat once with my wifes baby in it (long haired doxie dog) while she was watching. Filled that boat up to the top. Fortunately it had floataton built into and did'nt sink.
dan filipi":6eavk09e said:
I'll never forget the time my brother and I were on the Colorado river near Blythe with our little ski boat.

Making hard right and hard left turns, my brother decides to make a continues hard left to make a whirl pool.

Well we would have been fine had he just turned out to the right but no, he cut the power and WHOOSH! In an instant the boat swamped and was sitting at the bottom of the river! :smilie_happy:

Fun times!

dan filipi":2diffbyk said:

Fun times!

That would of been awesome to get on video :smilie_happy:

dan filipi":1avhc6k1 said:
Something tells me that was NOT set up. :nea: :doh: :whistling:
Nope! Believe it or not, no one was hurt in that incident! (Except maybe their feelings!) :smilie_happy: :clapping:

The Captain and crew saw the bridge coming down as the mid section of the ship was passing under the bridge and had already stopped the ships engine and ran off of the bridge deck to safety.