Brake specs

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as stated in this thread ...ive got miss matched parts in my braking system ...and really have had no troubles ....my rear brakes lock up quick .....my bike also likes to lock up and skid a lot downshifting ...neither one of these conditions is good on oldwing motor ...your chancing timing belt slip ...so i try to be careful here .....on the rear brakes ...1000 master cylinder ....1200 rotor and brakes ...on the front ...1500 master cylinder ..1000 single piston brakes...82 1100 rotors ....1200 wheel on 1000 forks ...

anyway i may do a bit of brake work today here ..nice weather here nothing like great brakes

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184653#p184653:3cjspuz8 said:
julimike54 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:23 am[/url]":3cjspuz8]
Finished? no pics, didn't happen :)

Been a busy week with a bit of overtime, so not much work happening to the bike...

I thought I had posted this somewhere, but now I am not so sure...

I had the complete 1100 brake system back on the rear of the bike and had brakes, but they would not release. I gave up on the 1100 MC and bought an 1800 MC. Today I installed it with the 1200 caliper and had the brakes bled in about 10 minutes time.

I couldn't bleed the brakes with the 1100/1200 combination, easily bled them with the 1100 stock system, and also easily bled the brakes with the 1800/1200 combination.

Brakes are a good thing.

I thought I had posted this somewhere, but now I am not so sure... :headscratch: North American Goldwing :wave: