Building an Ultralight airplane

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news guys if I build it and have it inspected ($106)and if i can find a trainer willing to fly in it and do 20 hrs of fly time with them ($100/hr) it doesnt matter how much the engine weighs and i can have 2 seats. Then i will be a licensed sport pilot. This is becoming expensive quick LOL ....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Sure does, :yes: the goldwing motor in a small plane has been done. Small mention of it in the book, 20 years of goldwing, :good: think it's in our list of stuff to look at on this site. :read:

Denver":3ihvj4j8 said:
Sure does, :yes: the goldwing motor in a small plane has been done. Small mention of it in the book, 20 years of goldwing, :good: think it's in our list of stuff to look at on this site. :read:
Oh im positive its been done before the motor is to widely known for its reliablitity for noone to think of them in a bizarre application.

Hmmmmm

There is this desert dry lake bed my son and I go camping/dirt-bike-riding frequenly.
We see ultra-lights flying all the time.
I wanted to try (no experience what so ever) but my terrible luck with engine stalling (motorcycle that is..) I shouldn't. LOL.
Model airplanes are good enough for us.

Update: found a frame already built for 350. Has been in a slight crash (landing gear broke so it flipped ) broken tail wing and twisted metal from the impact but otherwise sound and already wired, plumbed and has all the controls and gauges . Scared the guy he says he is finding a new hobby so i offered up my $200 85 gl1200 project if he would throw in a motor and a prop. He seems interested this is not a set thing but i may not be using a goldwing powerplant after all . Will update again when I get more info

Everything from 2hp b&s motors to vw engines

Its a pretty wide range and it varies depending on the rpm and prop you use and the speed you wish to travel

The plane im looking at is setup to run a half vw engine (pretty sweet setup)

Look up" legal eagle" on youtube its not exact but it is basically what i have found

Very nice :good:
Hope the deal does ahead for you. :beg:
Horizontally opposed just feels right. :good:

$350 for all the hardware and the wings is down right stealing it i can rebuild /modify the cabin to include a second seat for my 99 lb girlfriend without too much hassel

im sure i could build an plane easy ...not trying to brag ...just know i can ...planes are much easier to fab over car or bike big time ....about the only thing easier is air boat....so this is cool project to me ...as a kid i built many control line airplanes ...my love for working my hands and doing projectsall started there ....hmmmm with the wood shop in fla i could cut out a plane in no time ...lol no telling what this thread might do to me :swoon: :builder: :salute:

I raced/built rc cars all through my early teens ..actually used the money off of selling my first calf at 12 yrs old to buy my first nitro kit car in 2000 right after the big y2k scare was proven false

Latest posts