clutch rebuild

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glider101

Reaction score
Im pulling my 86 aspy engine this fall to replace the stator.so while its out i want to rebuid the cluth..so it it hard to do? and where is the best place to get the clutch parts?

hmmm this might be the first forum clutch change ...personaly i havnt done one ...and clueless on best place for parts...hopefully someone got better info than me :headscratch:

I suggest you open it up first then see what you need.
The last clutch I assembled when I changed transmission on this motor I used the best parts I had from other motors I've collected.
All the clutch plates measured very close to spec so what I'm saying is you might not even need new plates. See how it looks first.

I think the hardest part is just getting that special clutch nut off to remove the basket... Otherwise, it is pretty straight forward. When pulling the clutch pack out of the basket, I put two bolts back in just to hold the clutch pack together while pulling it out.

I have pulled clutches on diet bikes and it is very simple .... follow the book....before diong that though i suggest that you go through the clutch adjustment first......I have found that the cable and clutch adjustment are a common problem.