Complements on the motorcycle....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scdmarx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1982 Standard
On a bike that gets verbal complements almost everytime I go somewhere, howcome now that I'm selling it everybody thinks it's a piece of crap? :rant:

I just don't have the patience for selling stuff. :head bang:

George Carlin said it best...
"Did ya ever notice how your s :sensored: t is stuff, and everyone else's stuff is s :sensored: t?"

Anyone wanting to buy something is always gunna find every little thing to nit-pick, to get the price lowered....rarely do you ever find someone that just looks at something, then pays what you want with no negotiation. :nea:

I'm usually the other kind of buyer. I sometimes ask if that's the best price but usually if I want it I buy it.

ya thats for sure - but there is nothing more fun than turning them away just because you dont like em !!

scdmarx":3d5ujch5 said:
On a bike that gets verbal complements almost everytime I go somewhere, howcome now that I'm selling it everybody thinks it's a piece of crap?

I think when it comes to buying a bike that is 30 years old, the age just scares people away. In reality, if everyone knew just how dependable these 30 year old bikes really were you would have a hard time finding one to buy. :ahem:

I find the GL1100's around here are topping out btwn $1.5 K and $2. must have been a nice bike

1060dsl":3l0oi32r said:
I find the GL1100's around here are topping out btwn $1.5 K and $2. must have been a nice bike
It's cali, pretty much everything is 20-30% more.

I see some that look like pretty decent deals now and then. One thing you have to consider, this one had all the factory working accessories, good rubber, and all the maintenance caught up. Most of the ones you find need timing belts, carb overhaul, fluids changed, caliper kits and master cylinder kits, been sitting for years, etc. This one was ridden often and ready to gas up and ride to the opposite coast. :moped:

Actually, I sold it for what I paid for it. I figure the maintenance and upkeep was the cost of riding it for 2 1/2 years. :Egyptian:

scdmarx":7n7jwyet said:
Actually, I sold it for what I paid for it. I figure the maintenance and upkeep was the cost of riding it for 2 1/2 years. :Egyptian:

You are way ahead because I am sure there were a few miles and a lot of smile during those 2 1/2 years.

scdmarx":1s8fpahk said:
I see some that look like pretty decent deals now and then. One thing you have to consider, this one had all the factory working accessories, good rubber, and all the maintenance caught up. Most of the ones you find need timing belts, carb overhaul, fluids changed, caliper kits and master cylinder kits, been sitting for years, etc. This one was ridden often and ready to gas up and ride to the opposite coast. :moped:

:Egyptian: always a good deal if you can recoup your investment after 2 1/2 years of use! :rocks: