Custom Trike kit for an 84

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buckshot

Reaction score
Just had a custome trike kit built for my 1984 GL1200A. Getting ready to paint entire bike Jet Black w/Clear coat. I will have more pics as I go.
2011-12-0912.08.40.jpg
2011-12-0912.08.28.jpg
2011-12-0912.08.49.jpg

It's not a voyager. A friend of mine builds mussle cars and he costom built it to the bike. It has 15'" wheels and we changed the exhaust to Cherry Bomb Glasspacks and extended the pipes out the back. Suspension is 550lb torsion axles.

Yes!!!

I too would like to see a how on that trike.

I really like the overall SHORT Wheel base of it.

What is the rear drive used.

Do you have any pictures during the construction, showing the rear drive and rear suspension?

What rear wheels are those?

actually it is a true tike.

But instead of having three wheels two being driven.

It has Four wheels and one is driven.

I like it!!!

Great job!!

Yes!! i would like to see more info on the build, great job in hiding the Center driven rear wheel.

Maybe add a 2"-3" wide strip of flexible rubber across the back lower Rear bumper section, that would hide the center tire even more, and keep people guessing.

Or just put the rubber just in the 1/3 center section. Or maybe leave it as is,

It looks great!!! it looks a whole lot better than most of the trikes i have seen.

Please give us some details from the saddle, how does it ride and handle, Brakes, slow & high speed, anything negative?

It has 15" tires & rims, I need to drop down to 14" I have a little problem with traction on soft or wet ground. It brakes ok but will be better when I drop the wheel size. The framework is pretty simple, instead of working off the swing arm like voyager kits mine is rigid to the frame and I used independent torsion axles & hubs. The weight rating on the axles is 500lbs. I recomend going to 250lb. torsion axles for a little softer ride. My drive wheel is free to travel as normal with the swing arm. I have a little vibration between 50-58 I am going to replace my steering bearings and see if it stops.

Hey Buckshot,

A cheaper route may be to use a lower profile tire to drop your height down on your 15" rim's.

What profile is that tire is it a 70 series.

a low 60 series or a 55 series may get you the height you are looking for.

Measure your tire height.

Then get a couple of tire's 1" or 1-1/2" shorter profile you may be able to buy some decent used Cheap tires just to see how it works.

or maybe the relationship from your drive wheel to your two outboard wheels.

I would like to see if you have any adjustment's, and How the swing arm relates to the two out board wheels.

Ok wait a minute you said that the two outer wheels are mounted ridged to the frame, but letting the wheel axles flex some.

Another problem would be going to, to short a profile with the two out side tire's height, you may get a titer toter effect side to side off of the center wheel back and fourth down the road.

westgl":eijk25kr said:
Another problem would be going to, to short a profile with the two out side tire's height, you may get a titer toter effect side to side off of the center wheel back and fourth down the road.

I was thinking that as well - but wouldn't the 14" wheels do the same?