Diy hydraulic lowering rear air shocks -monroe 785

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to put Air Bag lowering on my GL 1500 Valkyrie , Paid for them $ 750 they did not have any listed for the GL so the tech thought the VTX Honda would interchange lots of parts are the same, But the Final Drive case is the only difference from the bikes, Lower part of the Air Ride shock is different , (Eye) Is Offtset on the Valkyrie shock, thought about cutting and re-weld but was worried about the hydraulic fluid inside that area , So i sent them back bummed ! Hope this works ! i have already lowered my bike 2 inches , would be bitchen to slam it to the ground when parked ! https://www.arnottairsuspension.com/prod ... roupId=126

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=167115#p167115:1xmzvx8j said:
Fstsix » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:25 am[/url]":1xmzvx8j]
Tried to put Air Bag lowering on my GL 1500 Valkyrie , Paid for them $ 750 they did not have any listed for the GL so the tech thought the VTX Honda would interchange lots of parts are the same, But the Final Drive case is the only difference from the bikes, Lower part of the Air Ride shock is different , (Eye) Is Offtset on the Valkyrie shock, thought about cutting and re-weld but was worried about the hydraulic fluid inside that area , So i sent them back bummed ! Hope this works ! i have already lowered my bike 2 inches , would be bitchen to slam it to the ground when parked ! https://www.arnottairsuspension.com/prod ... roupId=126

That would be so cool!

I just installed these shocks on my wing and discovered the hard way on my own that the stock compressor doesn't quite have enough oomph to get the pressure needed. What compressor is readily available to give the pressure needed and still compact enough to fit in such a small opening as the stock compressor?

Considering this system for my '83 wing. The question I have is whether this will make getting on and off the center stand easier with the air bags at full inflation? Sometimes I have a difficult time getting the bike off the centerstand. Especially in a wet, uphill, campsite with the trailer attached.

Other suggestions also welcome. But having a lower ride height would be a plus...'cause I'm vertically challenged.

Sometimes I have a difficult time getting the bike off the centerstand. Especially in a wet, uphill, campsite with the trailer attached. Other suggestions also welcome. But having a lower ride height would be a plus...'cause I'm vertically challenged.

For the issue of wet, uphill or with a trailer attached, you cannot beat the ride off stands. It only takes a small amount of force to pull the bike back and up on the ride off stand even with the trailer attached. I wish they were standard equipment!

image.php

image.php

yes the front ride off stands are the shit for sure ..there hard to find ...how can such a great product quit being made and how come manufacturers have never made a bike with one is beyound common sense to me ...im glad to have one for sure ....

Thanks, I'll start looking for one. Then I suppose I have to figure out how to shorten it if I succeed in lowering the bike. There is one hidden advantage to being short...I fit in all the great sports cars!

Air controlled two wheel low rider? Could be cool if it was lowered for stops and raised for the ride. I have a hard enough time getting in or out of most cars. Sports cars are out of the question.

Latest posts