Ever Wonder What The Temperature Is At Riding Speeds...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:smilie_happy:
I can tell you one thing the older I get the smaller my comfort zone gets smaller.
Used to be temperature in the 90s and all the way down to the teens did not bother me.
But as I get older I do not like it above 80 or below 30 anymore.
In another 20 years I will have to stay in a climate controlled room (probable padded)
Jerry

Bobo":7mf9mfcy said:
Was that you in Dumb and Dumber? :smilie_happy:

"So you're tellin' me there's a chance!"

I did that a long time before Dumb and Dumber did it!

December 26, 1985 the temp was 5 degrees and I had to ride from PA to VA to get to work the next day. Riding at 60 MPH the wind chill was -26 degrees. I spent more money of coffee than I did on gas.

brianinpa":i0pydtb0 said:
Bobo":i0pydtb0 said:
Was that you in Dumb and Dumber? :smilie_happy:

"So you're tellin' me there's a chance!"

I did that a long time before Dumb and Dumber did it!

December 26, 1985 the temp was 5 degrees and I had to ride from PA to VA to get to work the next day. Riding at 60 MPH the wind chill was -26 degrees. I spent more money of coffee than I did on gas.
so i guess you got cbs on that ride

Hey that chart don't go low enough for me when I'm riding the sled at 10*- 15* at 50-70 mph :hihihi: :hihihi: :hihihi:

Thats a cool chart,
I find it interesting that as the temp reaches 95,the wind chill rises rather than drops.
That would explain why I hate riding in 90 plus degree heet.And I just thought it was just becuase I was a michigan wimp.

According to the chart(which only goes to 65mph), I rode 40 miles to werk @ less than 9 degree temp...bbbbbrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Cold_Smiley.JPG

We've had some really cold mornings this year. We don't see much ice, but sure have recently!

Mark