Exhaust rust and mild exhaust leaks at joints

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure who owns the yellow wing they showed but it is one beautiful goldwing...And do you want me to think it was painted with plane old spray paint...IT JUST LOOKS TO GOOD!!!

South Tx Wingman":2qjr3sl5 said:
Not sure who owns the yellow wing they showed but it is one beautiful goldwing...And do you want me to think it was painted with plane old spray paint...IT JUST LOOKS TO GOOD!!!

Thanks. Yes it was rattled canned. I later sold it to a good guy here.
I am currently working on doing cosmetic and minor mechanical repairs on another 82 GL1100.
Simba

Attachments

• gl1100.JPG
    gl1100.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 112
Well, looks like many sidebars from how this topic started but back to the original subject matter.
What to do with these ancient leaky exhaust systems.
Hard to believe with the pool of creative minds here patching up the old stuff is all we have.
How about a nice looking nice sounding alternative?
Maybe someone who know how, organizing an affordable group buy with an aftermarket company?
These old wing's don't retain much market value so I get not wanting to spend 5 or 6 bills for exhaust but someone must have come up with a good idea.
What say you?

I think allot of riders just graft on a pair of take off harley exhaust or others such as triumph Etc. I have only heard of those two being mounted but I`m sure many other will we need access to an exhaust pile to root through.