flex PVC

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is one member using their products for his single carb setup. He just posted a vid a few days ago.

I often wondered that too..I used flex quit a bit in plumbing, it isn't quite as flexible in short sections..it is great for long sweeping curves..Of course PVC is not rated for fuel delivery but is somewhat resistant to it maybe natural gas PVC or flex would be better.
If it actually is able to be flexed to the manifolds it may also be flexible enough to sag onto the block, may need reinforced there.
Clamping flex was no problem, we used to do it for pressure testing and was plenty stiff but under engine heat it may deform over time, If I were using regular PVC I would go schedule 80 over schedule 40 just for a little more heat resistance.
I really cant say how it would work for a manifold, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Been runnin PVC for 7 months now and still no problem....Weight of carb should be supported....to prevent a small sag on my manifold, I used a support down to engine block.

so as far as you know the fuel has no affect on the PVC.

what did you use for a adapter going into the stock elbows

Glue a 1" sch 40 coupling to end of pipe. It will fit into rubber manifold, and then clamp it with a hose clamp....simple, Huh?? Go to unique carburation section, and check it out....

Single carb section....I'm on way too many sites....but information is a good thing.

the flex pvc is much easier to work with. thanks for the idea. i used 1-1/4

Attachments

• DSC07264.JPG
    DSC07264.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 87
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=127961#p127961:5dwzgdyx said:
joedrum » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:01 am[/url]":5dwzgdyx]
looks good

Thanks joe