Foot pegs or Floor boards

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you prefer foot pegs or floor boards?

• Foot pegs

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Floor boards

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had floorboards but didn't like the heel toe shifter. Plus with the floorboards I had a tough time planting my feet flat on the ground at a stop (call me stumpy legs). Lastly, when riding around town (stop and go) the heat from the engine would roast my feet on the boards. Switched to pegs and I agree with rkthev, the bike handles better.

I tried out floor boards for awhile.
I found that they are sort of a novelty that wears off and the boards get in the way when moving the bike around. For me the hassle isn't worth it so I went back to pegs.

I had floorboards on my old V-Star and I liked them there. They were up and out of the way. On the wing, they would get in the way of pusing the bike around.

I'd like to try the boards once to see if I would like them. I love them on my VTX, I just don't know if there would be enough room to put my feet down safely.

my Goldwing had foot pegs and regular shifter when I got it , I changed to Floor Boards and a Heel Toe Shifter .......I Like them NOW ... but at first I had a problem missing 2nd gear all the time , but I really think it was just the Adjustment . or I just got used to them , cause now I'm good with it all . But I'm kinda Tall .... so I don't have a problem reaching the ground . BUT there is One Thing I do have a problem with , does anybody else have a problem having to pick up your foot to get your foot on the Rear Brake pedal ??? I do , and it just wears me Out.

chasrogers":2nflw7d6 said:
dan filipi":2nflw7d6 said:
The brake pedal can be adjusted to lower it but careful not to lower it so much the pedal arm hits the frame in a hard stop.
he got ya good Dan foot on the brake pedal on a wing :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: that is a real good one. chasrogers

?

Your gonna have to explain to me what's so funny.

mcgovern61":ncv8osi8 said:
I had floorboards but didn't like the heel toe shifter. Plus with the floorboards I had a tough time planting my feet flat on the ground at a stop (call me stumpy legs). Lastly, when riding around town (stop and go) the heat from the engine would roast my feet on the boards. Switched to pegs and I agree with rkthev, the bike handles better.

When I got my bike it looked like a poster child for Markland. I just wasn't comfortable with the floorboards. First thing I did was get a set of pegs with hardware for $4 off flea-bay. I have enough trouble backing up with the pegs, I'm pretty sure my left knee would protest quite loudly doing the manuver with the boards. I still have the passenger boards mounted though. If I ever get the hankerin' to put the boards back on, I still have them on the shelf along with the shifter.

Tory":2mgvrts5 said:
I understand chas,I have had trouble tangling up my left leg in the clutch cable trying to hit the hi beams before.

:smilie_happy: :hihihi: :smilie_happy: No thass funny rite thar!! Nice visual, too!

My '81 had boards on it when I got it. My legs, which reach all the way to the ground, are long enough to be comfortable at a stop. Funny thing is, the boards aren't really all that useful on a 'Wing, since they fit about 1/2 way up under the heads. So...unless yer riding barefooted, you can't really put yer feet down flat on the boards...at least I can't. I had boards on the '74 'Lectra Glide, and didn't like them at all. My feet had a hard time finding the ground before my knees did on that one. :sensored:

I'll stick with the boards & the heel/toe on the 'Wing, since that's what I have...

SteveA-wing":1ps6ufl1 said:
When I got my bike it looked like a poster child for Markland..

:smilie_happy: That's got to be the funniest thing I've heard this morning!

I took my system off also. All the parts were worn and scraped, my husband never liked them grabbing at his legs, and when I took posession, I cut everything out of the seat and switched back to the pegs so I could get my foot down.

I am very very surprised at everyone of you guy's...And ladies, Not one of you ever said one thing about them scraping the payment in curves, I have floorboards and I like them, I agree you do feel like your part of the bike with pegs however, I have very large feet [13"] and I find that the floorboards with a little modification[ heel shifter] serves me well, especially on long hauls, I can put my heel on the board and the highway peg at the same time bringing me much comfort on a journey can't do that with pegs.. No issues with the brakes for me..I got myself used to it..But scraping does suck, I enjoy leaning the bike more but am restricted because of the floorboards..But my 13" feet like the boards.. 2 pennies