For you guys looking to go all LED

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: :eek: :shock: :eek:
Holy MOLY!!! :swoon:
"On Sale" at over $300???? :sensored:

The way our charging system works, the lower wattage is an advantage only to a point since the alternator is producing 100% of it's capacity all the time regardless of the load.
Taking a stock bike with no plans for any additional lighting or accessory loads and changing to LED's will gain nothing with regards to the longevity of the charging system. Going over every connector and cleaning or replacing will keep the system running healthy longer.

Now if that LED headlight is brighter and shines farther than an HID then I think it would be worth the price for safety, well not the regular price of $800+.

Yeah that sounds real nice for the drop in watts.. just that will free up at least 55 amps... but at what cost and then if a rock got it.. the lights would be on but the lense would not focus the light anymore... if any of you are electrical/electronic types PM me so I can ask a question before posting to board..

actually
volts x amps = watts... so
10 Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
Designed at 12.8v
4.5a (High Beam), 2.5a (Low Beam)

12.8 x 4.5 = 57.6 watts
12.8 x 2.5 = 32 watts on low...

If I'm not mistaken my HID is rated 60w on high, and 55w on low.

your only real difference would be on low beam and that's probably sacrificing alot of luminosity.
in my opinion I'd say stay with the HID

we've got the 24v version of these lights on the vehicles out here in Afganistan. I like the light output that these give off. If the 12v is just as good, I'd love to get one on the Wing, but damn not at that price.

:hi: Dang any savings gained due to lower wattage would be used up carring all the weight of the solder holding in the LED's....besifes the cost of the solder ..... 10 roles od no lead solder times 15.00 equals 70.00 for the solder not counting the cost of 100 LED's and all that other material needed...$ 300.00 may be cheep for a ready made Bob :swoon: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

I got it donated to me while in Afghanistan. Only reason I have it is because of the price. I can't see spending the dough on it. Does work pretty well, if you keep looking you might beable to find one alittle cheaper out there.

This light is made by trucklite.