• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

fuel clamps

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRAFTMAN6001

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dose anyone know where to get these or have any lying around they would want to part with

Attachments

• 20150110_145210.jpg
    20150110_145210.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 135
the wire spring steel ones work well too. No I don't have any and the screw style clamps must be the right size to work. Too large they have a large flat spot that can leak.

If I am correct, that type of hose clamp is referred to as a "constant Pressure" type of hose clamp. By design the amount of "clamping pressure exerted on the hose around the hose barb is supposed to be constant, unlike the more common screw type hose clamps that can actually deform a hose on a barb by exerting unequal pressure on the hose at different points along the clamping surface.

The "spring" type of hose clamps (ones with the two tabs you have to squeeze towards each other in order for the clamp to enlarge enough to be removed.... think automotive fuel lines) are designeed for even pressure around the hose the clamp is placed on. Drawbacks are set amount of clamping force, and making sure to replace older clamps to prevent loss of holding pressure.

New engineering has developed a constant pressure/torque hose clamp in all assorted sizes... just search for them on eBay... Plenty of them there in all styles and sizes...

Rich

No, I have never seen them offered anywhere. But you can get stainless steel "rolled edge, smooth band" miniature hose clamps for small diameter hose from McMaster-Carr on pg. 299 ( and other sources on the web ). They ain't cheap, but are nice clamps.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=139008#p139008:3rby0i48 said:
n2ppn » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:00 pm[/url]":3rby0i48]
If I am correct, that type of hose clamp is referred to as a "constant Pressure" type of hose clamp. By design the amount of "clamping pressure exerted on the hose around the hose barb is supposed to be constant, unlike the more common screw type hose clamps that can actually deform a hose on a barb by exerting unequal pressure on the hose at different points along the clamping surface.

The "spring" type of hose clamps (ones with the two tabs you have to squeeze towards each other in order for the clamp to enlarge enough to be removed.... think automotive fuel lines) are designeed for even pressure around the hose the clamp is placed on. Drawbacks are set amount of clamping force, and making sure to replace older clamps to prevent loss of holding pressure.

New engineering has developed a constant pressure/torque hose clamp in all assorted sizes... just search for them on eBay... Plenty of them there in all styles and sizes...

Rich
Hey Rich! Good to hear from ya!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOSE-CLAMP...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c93784a9b&vxp=mtr

These are the cheapest and easiest to find... the screw type ones in size 6 or 8 are harder to find in constant torque/pressure... the nut and bolt ones are easy to find online as well...
The rolled edge ones are for silicone hose which tends to get "cut" by the hose clamps edges...

Hi McGovern!!

Long time no post...

Good to see ya!!

Rich

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=139090#p139090:ki0j9unj said:
n2ppn » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:22 pm[/url]":ki0j9unj]
The rolled edge ones are for silicone hose which tends to get "cut" by the hose clamps edges...
Rich

The small rolled edge clamps work great for fuel hose.