Gearing ?? / Trike build !

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rear End Plate , for Bracing .

image.php

well its going to be braced good thats for sure ...those triangles are going to be tough ...talk about holding the hoghead in place....im sure you guys are not going to have anything fall off :builder: :mrgreen:

OK .... the Frame is almost finished , still have to do a little more welding here and there . Now we're building a pair of cold steel wheel Adapters , to put 2 , 50 year old ET Mags with , 5 lugs 114.3 mm OR 4.50 " bolt circle , onto the 4 lug, 140 mm OR 5.51" Subaru Habs . what do you think ??? simple right .......... :music3:
Rock On'

image.php

this an interesting shot ....i like the way the frame is attached to the top ....bottom seems like i/2 way down ...both seem lite on what it is the frame that is ...seems like it could be somewhat triangled back from swingarm area to forward lower frame and widen the leverage and stronger stuff than frame ....just blab sledge from looking at pic ...i could be way off

well this little Subaru rear is pretty light weight , and the most of the power will be on the Torsion bar plates , where the Red piece is with the 2 big bolts comig through it . under the Subaru the Rear was held in place by 4 bolts on each side ......... thats it ...... I'm not sure what a 1977 , 4X4 wagon weighs , but...a lot more than a GL1100 Goldwing. So this should be strong enough , ohhhhhhh and the little 2X2 box with the Arrow is a Temp hold for a Torsion Bar end. it will be boxed n some .........and welded better ,

Thanks Chas, I have weighed everything I took OFF the bike , and Everything I have put ON.... and there is only a little difference . course I still have to build the Fenders and stuff , but I'm making it out of thin metal , wire welded together like I did my little wagon . i forget the numbers now , cause it has been a few months ago ... but a rear wheel and tire off a Goldwing is pretty heavy , it was within just a few lbs. of the rear end weight , hard to believe but it's true . course I now will have 2 tires and wheels ... BUT they are a LOT lighter than a Goldwing tire and wheel . about the only thing I'll be using of the old Goldwing stuff is the Top Trunk . I won't even be using the stock Exhaust system. I got a friend witha set all Bent up , from a wreck I guess....... I'm only gonna use the Header part back where the Mufflers are Welded on up to the Heads. NOW that the Frame is pretty much finished , comes the Part I LOVE BEST.... the building of the fenders and the Style of the whole thing really. :music: Rock On.

Thanks guys , it;s coming along . . . . hey Joe , I know your a much better builder than I am my Friend . I have seen some of your stuff . .... I'm planning the Wheel Adapters today, and Making them tomorrow . wish me luck .

New Plan......No Wheel Adapters . my buddy's oldest son is aMechinest , he is Drilling the Hubs for 5 lugs . he has the equipmento put the Knurls in the holes and everything ... it's nice to have Friends with Tools .... :music:

well Slabghost if I was a younger man , I'd say anytime you feel like it .... but Now I kinda call everyday above ground a Good Day , and I'm so slow there might not be any of us still alive by the time I get This One Finished. But ... I dought there is anything on this that most any of you guys can't do as good as we did it . I got some real Back Problems , and I wasn't ready to give up riding .... so......this is what I came up with. Hope it will add some years to my Riding time left .