Gearing ?? / Trike build !

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Carl , I was thinking maybe it might help someone else someday , who wants to convert their Goldwing to a trike, without spending $12,000 ... the real good thing well be the Reverse. if all goes well, we have it all figured out..... looks good on Paper anyway. :smilie_happy:

sledge":1vroftka said:
Thanks Carl , I was thinking maybe it might help someone else someday , who wants to convert their Goldwing to a trike, without spending $12,000 ... the real good thing well be the Reverse. if all goes well, we have it all figured out..... looks good on Paper anyway. :smilie_happy:
Thank you sledge for the sharing,by watching you guys work I wouldn't doubt that reverse will work if not on the first try it'll be on the next try for sure :rocks:

hey there Joe , I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble at all building a Trike my friend .... thanks Carl , I'm an old retired Diesel Mechanic , and I made a living all my life as some sort of Mechanic , but my friend was a Machinist for many years , and he knows how to make something from scratch that will fit together perfectly , we started talking about this at least a year ago . and of course one of the first real problems that came up was Reverse . I got another couple of Pictures here of the slip joint axle , and it's about finished .... Then , we'll start on the REAL building of the Reverse .... but anyway , here are a few more pictures .

here is one ready to weld .

image.php

heres the last one today , I went down to my friends , and put a few spot welds on all the joints enough to hold everything till we can build a press to get the 2 pieces back apart , then after they are apart , I'll finish welding it right , and smoothing the welds back down , then we will fine work the inside piece if needed to get it to slide in and out right . and who knows Maybe it won't need much if any work . . . I'll post pictures as I take them .

image.php

we been workin on the Trike some ....this is a 1994 Nissan Flywheel , and the left side Yoke out of the Subaru Rear End . my buddy put the Yoke in his Lathe and mechined a seat for the FlyWheel to sit , and be wlded . and this is ALL for Reverse .

image.php

here is the Yoke installed back on the Rear End. and the Flywheel Welded on it , with a new U-Joint installed .

image.php

thanks Carl , I spent part of today , planning out some of the Frame . it's a fine line ( Enough , but Not Too Much ) all the weight has to be pulled all the time . but has to be strong enough to hold everything .

well thanks Carl .... you know a smile is a powerful thing , and special . and we all need to try and do it more often . and Now ... you made me smile too ..... thank you my friend.

hey there Dan , well, we have been working on the BellHousing piece , where the Nissan Starter bolts up for the Reverse . and I have cut some Metal for the front part of the Frame near the Driveshaft . my buddy with the machine shop , has been a little under the weather , he has Arthritis pretty bad , and we have been havin' some rough weather here in East Tennessee lately . but , we're still chippin' away at it , we're not as FAST as we used to be... but I like to think we do a little Better Work that we used to do . I'll post some more pictures soon . thanks for asking . :rocks: