• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GL1100 accelerator pump base/cover needed

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fogey

Reaction score
GL1100 accelerator pump base/cover.

Can anyone help with this? A customer set came in with the cover missing the restrictor valve in the middle. The one off a CB900 / CB750 also fits.

If you can help, PM me with your price. Remember you will be shipping to the UK but it's a small part and shouldn't be too expensive (I hope!)

BIG TIP!! Never put the cover or it's matching float bowl in an ultrasonic tank, unless of course you enjoy fishing for the tiny brass restrictor, the 2mm ball bearing and its accompanying spring.

I have an old engine sitting in garage. I do not know exactly what you need. The carbs were used on another engine. So no carb parts.
Post a pic or schematic that shows what you want. I may have what you need.
I just sent a pkg to U.K. last week. Three ounces for $14.50. delivered in six days

Thanks for the reply. The part needed is the base of the accelerator pump that sits on the float bowl of #3 carb.

My CM400 and my GL1100 shared the same aftermarket part for the accelerator pump rubber part. That site lists the same accelerator pump rubber part for the CB400T, CM400, CB/CM450, CX/GL500, CB900F, and the GL1100.

I wonder if the lower base plate is the same as well.

Here's a CM400 accelerator pump plate picture (from HondaTwins.net):

CM400.JPG

And here's a picture of the GL1100 accelerator pump plate that I found online:

GL1100.jpg

Looks like it is the same. It wouldn't surprise me if that plate is shared across all of those carbs but I can't find a part number to verify.

Hope that helps if you have a motorcycle boneyard near you, or if you are willing to take a chance on eBay.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, you are correct. That part is shared. But the only motorcycle breaker with older stuff is 70 miles away in Aberdeen. There is one local, but only has modern stuff. The motorcycle scene over here is very different to that in the States.
That part number for the complete kit - the only place over here that can supply wants €70 + 20% VAT + €15 shipping. That's $103 total.

Hence the reason for asking!

When I got my rebuild kit some years ago they included FOUR accelerator pump kits. One is on my bike, two were in the box and I guess one is missing. You can have one for the shipping charges. Not sure how to go about international shipping though or how soon I can get it packed and shipped. PM me....

Attachments

• KIMG0520.JPG
    KIMG0520.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 91