GL1100 PVC Manifold and 34-3 outta box Carb

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
113 129 031KC that is the manufacturer number.....bought em off e-bay for $89 including shipping. Seller is KOKO Parts. I told you I am not a carb guy......I don't know the difference from a solex to a empi, I just know it is a import and it works. I chose this carb cause some people had success with it and it had an electric choke... I was actually looking for a carb off the old jeep flat head four, I think that engine is pretty close in HP to the 1100 but it didn't have the choke.

Random pictures on PVC Manifold build as I was changing the 82 stock to single. This jig is easy to build and gets everything lined up. I use 1 inch sch 40 fittings, a 5 way Tee, and a 1 inch socket floor flange. I use 1 1/4 x 1 pvc socket bushings at end of runners to go into the Manifold elbows. I no longer use Flex PVC. I now use sch 40 PVC pipe for runners. I get the proper angle for runners by rotating the 45 degree ells enough to fit the Jig.

Attachments

• build6.jpg
    build6.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 222
  • build5.jpg
    build5.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 221
  • build4.jpg
    build4.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 226
  • build2.jpg
    build2.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 219
  • build1.jpg
    build1.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 225
Just finished the Wife's 82....It was easy,,,and runs like a Scalded Dawg. Going Camping Easter on both Bikes.,,,,, How can two Married People both be Single???? [video]https://youtu.be/ZGtpc_JYXFU[/video]

I'm glad that this thread has some recent activity as I have several questions. I am convinced that this is the way to go with my 82. I don't have any issues with the manifold. That should be fairly straight forward and can be made to look nice too. Once that is right it looks like things will be pretty easy from there. I love the air filter on dkl conversion. Too bad you can't see it all of the time. I guess you just pop the hinge door and wow someone.

My first question is about the throttle cable and how that works with these carbs? Do I have some mods to do to that? Could I maybe see a picture of how it is connected? Do I use the push pull cables?

The choke is electric. Do I just run a wire from my accessory port for that? Tap into another wire somewhere?

Also, it looks as though the height of the carb will interfere with the fuse box. Will it need to be relocated.

My stock carbs are still a work in progress and it is frustrating. I want to be single

I had not noticed your single carb set up until I went through this thread joedrum. Your plenum is different but if I remember correctly yours is a 1200. How did you hook up your throttle?

That looks like the Solex dkl uses. It's much easier to set up than the stovebolt. Joe's made a lot of modifications to the weber he's using. It's a little bigger than the stovebolt weber.

I only use the pull throttle cable....Use a separate wire from accessory screw to get power to electric choke and solenoid cut-off, this lead will have power all the time the key is turned on, a separate ground from the carb body should attach to frame. The height of carb is not an issue, and should not interfere with fuse panel.

We had 18 inches of rain in 3 days, yes we are all wet in The Bayou State, but all is Well !!!!

Latest posts