Gonna paint again

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff raff

Reaction score
I know I said this years color might last; I lied!
While painting a new helmet, I decided to skip the gold base coat and go to the Sparklescent Mango over white primer. That's the color I was looking for in the first place! So a sanding we will go! Pics to follow. Helmet on the left is the new color,non the right, the old with the gold base coat. :clapping:
IMG_00000107.jpg

No,no,no! I go down the street to the pizza joint and ask them for a baked enamel tins special with extra clear! :yahoo:

This is a new one. The other one showed a crack at a strap rivet point. It was only a couple months old but a failure at a strap anchor could result in the thing coming off my head on the highway, stranding me since I have to wear one here in Mass. Not to mention the windshield it could find in its flight. I'm sure you know Joe that a cracked helmet is NFG. :good:

toytender01":2kzx5gna said:
And the toster oven is for baking on the paint!!!! :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

:music: :yahoo: :music: :yahoo:

Here we have a trimmex front fender ready for striping, and a battery cover ready for paint! :music:

Attachments

• IMG_00000119.jpg
    IMG_00000119.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 265
Just got a new(to me) trunk! The size and price were right, so I had to own it. Don't know who made it, but it looks to be late 70's to mid 80's. I gotta fab the mount then paint it. The bottom's gonna stay black and I'm gonna match the lid to the bike. This should complete the look I've been going for. A sort of repurposed police look. We'll see! :good:
IMG_00000123.jpg
IMG_00000125.jpg

Oh. For anyone interested, the color is Sparklescent Mango Auto air water based by Createx. It takes some getting use to but it works pretty easy and don't stink like rattle cans do. I still use rattle primer and clear though.

riff raff":cwdas3pw said:
Oh. For anyone interested, the color is Sparklescent Mango Auto air water based by Createx. It takes some getting use to but it works pretty easy and don't stink like rattle cans do. I still use rattle primer and clear though.
Do you use your own sprayer? (I guess the correct question is, how to you apply your paint?)

I Love the Color , and I plan on using a little Air Brush on mine when it's done too . you can cover up a whole lot with an Air Brush . :Egyptian:

This is what I've been using. The present color was put down with this, and the new one has been started.
IMG_00000128.jpg