Gotta see this one. 4bbl

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the builder is going for looks and cool factor. He has some sweet Wings and has tried building them for speed. He did an 1100 with early cams, shaved heads and a GEM rear end hoping to get in the 11's qtr mile. I think he hit low to mid 12's if I recall. It could be pretty cool, I think for a hot rod look.

It sure does have a cool factor and it answered my question if a 4 barrel would even run on this engine.

Who cares about idle when ya got that coolness and what surely will be a balls out dragster!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=107750#p107750:2gssrguw said:
ekvh » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:58 pm[/url]":2gssrguw]
It could be pretty cool, I think for a hot rod look.

Would be real cool with foot clutch and a Ed "Big Daddy" Roth type hand shifter... at least in mho.. Now as to graceful function that would be awkward... but the visual would stand out...

Dan +1 on that also...

ekvh":38k4s6am said:
I think the builder is going for looks and cool factor. He has some sweet Wings and has tried building them for speed. He did an 1100 with early cams, shaved heads and a GEM rear end hoping to get in the 11's qtr mile. I think he hit low to mid 12's if I recall. It could be pretty cool, I think for a hot rod look.
speaking of dragracing a wing,does anyone here have any experience doing it,would love to pick your brain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is literally an in your face build. A lot more cool factor than most mods. Not really my taste but cool anyway.

If he was going to that much trouble you would think he would of fitted a Sprintex blower or such instead of the tall manifold. All that fuel may as well be going through a super charger...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=107810#p107810:3tzamjrt said:
Steve83 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:12 pm[/url]":3tzamjrt]
I think I'm gonna install my 1200 CFI engine in a shopping cart! :shock: Look out, Wallyworld!!! :whistling:

I know... :0fftopic:

Not if you put a 4 barrel on instead of the CFI :smilie_happy: