Has anyone tried the Speedmetal H I D light kit on thier bike?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't know but i did find a you tube video of a guy who installed it on a Honda 650 dual sport. He showed before and after shots of the difference between HID and stock headlight, high and low beams and it looked pretty good. I'll see if I can find it again and post it.

dan filipi":r6ud0udz said:
I haven't used it but seeing it perked my intrest because I have $50 credit there.

How does it work with one bulb for high and low?

If you use a Bi xenon bulb, you will get both high and low beams, it comes with a built in selenoid which as I understand it changes the focal length.

Lorne and I used a kit for a truck (35w) which of course came with 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, and 1 relay, and we just had to order an extra relay, and thus split the kit to do both bikes.. his 1200 asp. and my shadow sabre 1100. you do have to extend the wiring to the battery.
It is the best thing you can do as it gives you far more lighting, we also ordered it in the 5000 k.. which is the whitest light.
Neoracer (Earl) has a very good installation write up in the tech notes on the gl1200goldwings.com site

Judy

stratocat":3ecjcfhz said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xf1_iMqZAJI

Here it is
That does look like quite an improvement.
I'll pick one up in the next couple days.

I picked up one of these kits and I'm documenting the installation.
Got a few pics then my camera battery died and the spare is dead too :head bang:
so once one is charged I'll continue. I might have this HID working tonight then I'll post the whole deal.