Hello from Lower Alabama

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc_8492

Reaction score
Not a whole lot to post initially.
I'm a new Goldwing owner, just received a 1985 Goldwing. No clue as to the model, other than it states Limited Edition and has injectors.
I am looking forward to perusing the forums and learning a lot while the service manuals are being shipped.
I have been a heavy poster on several Diesel sites where I posted a lot of how to do it articles to help others.
There's way too much to learn before I get there.
Bike has > 110K on it and sat up covered for 5+ years due to the owners health and passing (lots of surface rust).
I am looking forward to restoring its beauty and function.
Any help and pointers would be appreciated.

Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

The '85 GL1200 Limited is fuel injected whereas all of the other 1100 and 1200's are carb.

Welcome to the forum, Goldwings are easy once you accept most everything is buried or involves removal of 3 thing to get at one..one thing you want to do is get it right before you button it up so look at other things while your in there and replace anything like hoses/tubing or rubber parts, all block connectors check for corrosion or heat damage, do a check of the charging system when you get it fired up, filters,clean out the gas tank , and you should use diesel rated oil in the crankcase, it works best with wet clutches.
Good luck with your new toy, show us some pics when you can.

Welcome to the asylum :hi: Very desirable bike! :yes: Part availability will be your biggest issue as far as bad things, :sensored: but one way or another you should be able to have a bike that is the top of the heap as far as 1200 dressed Wings go, congrats!!! :good: