Hello From New Mexico

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WingRider15

Reaction score
Just found this site and joined. I am in Belen, New Mexico (It is a State still) I have a 1979 Goldwing that has sat for many years. She does run and will run better with the carb job completion.

I am also on Steve Saunders forum "GoldwingFacts.com"

Welcome aboard!Since the bike does run. Run it with Techron or Seafoam in a few tanks of fuel. That may save you from removing the carbs. Oh and be sure to shut off the fuel before the bike is shut down.

Welcome to the site! Have you tried some of the quick fixes, Seafoam to start then several tanks of gas with 8oz. of regular tranny fluid?

I thought I was headed for a carb overhaul, but a few cans of Seafoam and continuous ATF in the gas has my old girl running smoother than ever.

~O~

Welcome to the CGW Forums, WingRider15!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Hi wingrider15....I just saw your post on here. Welcome to the group....tons of good folks and good info on here....
My home is in TorC and I ride an '83 1100 standard with a Ural sidecar.
If you are down here any time, give me a ping and we can meet for coffee.....
Brian in NM

Just message me on here and I will give you my phone number

WingRider15":2huld5nd said:
Just found this site and joined. I am in Belen, New Mexico (It is a State still) I have a 1979 Goldwing that has sat for many years. She does run and will run better with the carb job completion.

I am also on Steve Saunders forum "GoldwingFacts.com"

Hello Friend, Frank here live in Aurora, CO. Previous to living in Denver area I lived in Rio Rancho and worked for Desert Greens John Deer which has a division in Belen. Good to see another New Mexican, Well Wishes from Colorado. :clapping:

Welcome aboard to you also n5mdvcolorado52. We also have a chat section. Link is top left of the page.

skiri251":1gkckk6s said:
Welcome.

That red Vetter fairing in the avator pic looks great!
More pics?
I absolutely love that sidecar...it makes my day everytime I see it..skiri251

Welcome!.. Been to Belen a couple times. Once to find a motel to stay in after some little hoodlum gang tried to throw a spare tire through our windshield at the hotel we had checked into in Albuquerque, and the cops told us they didn't recommend staying anywhere in Albuquerque. Second time I went over there to buy my '83 Suzuki Tempter.